Arch Rubbing...

r3stu

Reaction score
Just had my car lowered on coilovers and it rubs when going over bumpy bits off road. Im sure i read somewhere you can remove arch lining screws and this stops some off the rubbing?

Anyone know what screws? Cheers

Easy, raise the suspension a little. If it's low enough to cause rubbing, your handling will the rubbish any way.

i had the same problem when i lowered mine and then got new tyres, which made it worse but i just gave the coils the tinniest of turns and it now clears the arch most of the time. I cant even tell its higher

18 x 8j 42offset 225/40/18

Only seems to be the back that rubs. and I have continental sport 2s on the back and the tyres seem to be chunkier than the pirelli pzeros on the front, but are the same size.... so could be down to the tyre..? I was sure i read on here about removing a screw though

Maybe you can get away with 215/40/18 mate. ET42 offset is quite aggressive I'd say for lowered 8P's.

ET42 offset is quite aggressive I'd say for lowered 8P's.

What is the right offset for a lowerred A3 then. Mine is lowerred 50mm and rubs slight over bumps or a full car of fat guys, want to buy new wheels so glad i seen this!