EM TuningChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

S3 side skirts 2010

Hi if i buy some 2010 or 2006 3door skirts would they fit my a3 sports 06... im just wantin to know how easy/hard it is to fit... And wat are the fixture an parts i will need if my them new or of ebay ?

thanks

Sarah x
    x X x Smythey1 x X x
    A3 3DR 2.0 TDI
    **WANTING: S3 Facelift Wing Mirrors, Black Grill**

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    yeah the shell is the same for all years so your only worry is making sure you get the 3dr ones as the spotbacks are different. However you dont just need the skirts. You also need the S3 specific interior door sills as they fit to the skirt unlike you normal ones. These sill plates also sit slightly higher than standard so when you shut the door it will srape. To stop this you also need to swap the rubber weather strips off the bottom of your doors to S3 spec. These are shallower so dont catch the sills.

As for ease of fitment, its pretty much bolt on bolt off, nothing complicated, just a bit of glue needed to stick them on
    Last edited by Lee_R; 20th June 2010 at 20:45.
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Think you also need the end caps and pieces that go on the bottom of the doors. Audi sell a fitting kit if you managed to buy some skirts off Ebay. Not sure on price

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

6th Gear

Status
    And if you get them from Audi, be prepared to shell out 600+ for the bits you need, then add 100 at least for painting.

Go ebay if you can!

Gievf Buckets

Status
    youre right, i also belive you need tobond them to the bottom, i think theres a thread on this a few days back

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    TPS sell them for around 130 ish plus VAT for each one, if you know someone who can buy from them. Well thats the price I was quoted. But that was just the side skirts.

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah's A3 View Post
    TPS sell them for around 130 ish plus VAT for each one, if you know someone who can buy from them. Well thats the price I was quoted. But that was just the side skirts.
    yeah i think i was quoted 350 all in from audi so sounds about right. But unfortunately the interior sill trims (inclusive of "S3" branded alloy inserts) and the 2 weather strips add on nearly another 300!

and I've heard parts prices have increased since i was quoted that.