Audi Hands Free Phone Kit Cradles

darkside

Reaction score
Hi, my A3 has a phone cradle attached to the dash and someone told me you can buy the correct fitting for your phone so you can use it, have had the back checked out and its all wired up ready to go so jus need the cradle. Is this an Audi part? and roughly how much? Also am thinking of fitting a new aftermarket double din head unit, could the wiring still be used on on it for the phone? Cheers.

You have audi bluetooth aswell then I assume mate, why not go RNS-E for DD unit mate then you retain the oem fitment & phone integration, along with SD slots, NAV.

If interested & need fitter let me know.

Also, the head unit flashes up bose when turned on, does this mean it is a bose unit or is it just the speakers that are bose and will they be ok with aftermarket unit?

I would say yes it has Bose if radio shows this up on startup, but does it have Bose written on the speaker grills, if so then I'd say yes.

Speakers are Bose specific & the AMP aswell although work without Bose coded on the car, the radio just sends 4 feed wires to the amp iirc, I think it works fine with aftermarket, but of course you wont get tight integration like the RNS would with DIS, Phone. Also & if installed multifunction steering wheel without another module to intepret the controls to radio.

doesnt have bluetooth setup. has the bose on the grills tho. where is the amp located? what kind of prices would i be looking at for the RNS-E setup?

Are you sure you dont have BT setup mate as you have phone prep, when you 1st start the car do a search with your cellphone BT menu & see if you see anything like AUDxxxxx, X denotes some numbers, you maybe surprised.

RNS-E units are anything from £400-£600, if you want install prices then PM me & we can converse that way of the forum.

RNS does look nice in the dash & fits in with oem setup perfectly.