Remap queries

willmac

Reaction score
I know there are numerous threads on remaps, regarding which is the best etc etc.
However, the info I was looking for is in regard to how each remap is done. The reason I say this is that after enquiring about an MTM map, the vendor told me that the MTM purely reprograms the ECU where as other maps such as Revo etc actually change fuel parameters etc. So, therefore MTM is the preferred option for re-map as there are less parts affected from OEM standard , and hence more chance of your warranty being covered, should anything go wrong ( his words not mine ).
So based on this, am I being told a load of sh*te, or is it true each companies map will work on the car in different ways ?
Apologies in advance for probably a stupid question, however I am interested in the responses as it will make my mind up as to which route I go........ thanks

"MTM map, the vendor told me that the MTM purely reprograms the ECU where as other maps such as Revo etc actually change fuel parameters etc. "

Your vendor knows **** all about what a ECU is used for. The ECU controls many parameter e.g. injection, boost pressure, mass air flow, torque limiters etc, so a remap changes these maps to get more power. All remaps reprogramme the ecu, the only difference is in the changes in the types of maps.

Well if your free next week sometime in the evening, I have a mtm remap and if you know someone with a revo one maybe you can compare them for your liking?

"MTM map, the vendor told me that the MTM purely reprograms the ECU where as other maps such as Revo etc actually change fuel parameters etc. "

Your vendor knows **** all about what a ECU is used for. The ECU controls many parameter e.g. injection, boost pressure, mass air flow, torque limiters etc, so a remap changes these maps to get more power. All remaps reprogramme the ecu, the only difference is in the changes in the types of maps.

Exactly what I could not understand by his response TBH. Hence my post to try and figure it out. Cheers

Well if your free next week sometime in the evening, I have a mtm remap and if you know someone with a revo one maybe you can compare them for your liking?

Busy with work at the moment mate but will drop you a PM when I am free. Thanks for the offer again.

get urself to gti international and get a revo. They normally have a great show offer, normally 20% plus a free switch over £200 saving IIRC