PROBLEM WITH FRONT WIPERS?

marnie2k

Reaction score
Hi guys, i am in a situation, drove my car to work this morning, washed my windscreen... worked fine, then put my headlights on and tried to wash my windscreen again and a warning light come on the DIS... it was a orange headlight symbol with 3 horizontal lines going to it and it brought up a message something like "front wiper washer system fault" (something on those lines) now my front wipers do not work but my rear one does? now about 6-8 weeks ago i installed a HID kit to my car? i also read on the forums that these may or may not cause faults? could comeone please help me out what is wrong and what i need to do please? thanks guys

justice, that being said you were warned unles you go oem xenons youre going to have plenty more of this fault and it aint a cheap fix either, youve burnt your wiper motor out, or rather your blinding hids have

ok then so what do i now need to do? buy a new wiper motor? and simply just fit it and it will all work fine again? thanks for your reply PSND btw :)

should be a new wiper motor and fit, they are around 130 from the stealers

hahaha stealers ... i like that 1 :) what do i need to get the linkage or just the motor to go on it?

Just the motor I would of thought. And remove your HID's as you will buying a £130 motor quite often!

will the hids just burn the new motor out again? what would i be able to do as i like having xenon headlights? :S :S :S

Buy OEM HIDS, only way around it. The noise generated by non OEM ones burns the motors out as you have already found

will the hids just burn the new motor out again? what would i be able to do as i like having xenon headlights? :S :S :S

Without being funny, but surely the current state of the wiper motor would answer your question even before posting it on here.

Fit oem's & your problems will disappear & if you need an installer look me up.

Is this on the facelift or the prefacelifted models? I know I heard lots of stories with the prefacelifted ones with burning out the wiper motor.

just to add to my thread, since my wipers stopped working this light has started appearing
31122009034.jpg

what is this light and what does it mean? my auto lights seems not to be working now also? thanks

Marnie the people on this thread have already explained that the HIDs are your problem and your motor has been blown. Your only option now is to replace the motor. They have recommended that you remove the HIDs or else you should expect to be replacing motors regularly.

I am not sure what the icon means but I assume it related to the motor. It might be in the manual though so take a look to see if it explains what it is.

ok mate thanks well as you say... where can i get OEM xenon headlights from? and what do i have to get to get them working? wiring looms, leveling systems etc.? thanks

RTFM = Read The Fecking Manual

Unfortunately alot of people dont do this, its not we're being unhelpful & rude, but these simple things are in the book, we try to get people to read before asking as the site has a wealth of info & I personally advise this route 1st then ask what you dont get, I am always happy to help people that many know, that are willing to read, learn & listen, please note this for future reference fella.

Anyway, that icon just this time is Rain/Light Sensor faulty.