AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

Next performance upgrade?

I recently had my 2.0 TDI 140ps Sport DSG remapped by Angel Tuning. Fantastic job and the car has come alive as a result. I've also got an ITG performance air filter to help it breath. What is a good next upgrade to get some extra power without breaking the bank?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add xnox202 on Facebook
    Downpipe!
    MY10 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Tronic Gone but not forgotten
    2003 Seat Leon Cupra R W.I.P.

Boycie

Status
    Downpipe and exhaust from Milltek or the likes

As far from JBS as possible !

Status
    Is it a PD140 or common rail 140 ?
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.

Neutral

Status
    Pass. It's a 2004 model if that's any help?
    A3 8P 2.0 TDI (140ps) Sport DSG
    Factory | Sunroof | Xenons | Cruise | Parking sensors | Headlight washers | Red Vienna leather | Bose | Piano black inserts | Heated Seats | Electric lumbar | Front Arm Rest
    Retro | S-Line roof spoiler | 18" RS6 | Angel Tuning remap | ITG Performance Air Filter | RNS-E + Bluetooth | Tomtom iPhone car kit | Removable tow bar
    In progress | Ashtray deletion | Factory matched tints
    Wish list | MFSW | Auto wipers/lights | Auto dimming mirrors | Folding mirrors

5th Gear

Status
    2004 is a PD. get a downpipe , and if your brave a hybrid turbo using the one from the 2.5 tdi
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

Status
    Why does he want to replace the down pipe then as it`s not restricting the exhaust flow from his turbo? The back box is the restrictive part of the exhaust.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

6+1 Gears

Status
    Hello!

I'm in a similar situation. I own an A3 with BKD and DSG. Currently I have a... Superchips Stage1 remap and I like it a lot.
    I'm planning to do some upgrades. I'm thinking on a turbo change with a GT2260vk. It is not a plug&play job but I know where to go to make the proper adjustments.
    Beside the turbo change, what else should I do? I'm thinking of a sport air filter (ITG?), new intercooler, an oil cooler, maybe a catch-can, brakes upgrade, suspension upgrade (B12?)
    The end result I'm looking for is ~250BHP and ~500NM
    What do you think?
    DSG | Vienna Leather | Bose Sound | MFSW | Interior Lights Pack | Light & Rain Sensors | Auto Dimming Mirror Mods: LED RNS-e | FL LED Tail Lights | Bi-Xenons | Illuminated Speaker Grilles | Tinted windows | Chrome Switches | Chrome Paddles&Commands | RS4 Start Button | Cruise Control | S3 Pedals | S3 Roof Spoiler | 18" BBS CH | H&R Spacers 10/15 mm | Bilstein B16 PSS10 | H&R 26/24 ARBs | TT Arms | S3 Front Brakes+DS2500+Tarox F2000 | HEL Brake Lines | VNT20 | EGR&Cooler Delete | Custom Remap

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by devonmikeyboy View Post
    Why does he want to replace the down pipe then as it`s not restricting the exhaust flow from his turbo? The back box is the restrictive part of the exhaust.
    That's contrary to what everyone else would tell you/ has done.
    Are you saying the back box addes more back pressure then the restrictive downpipe? Dont think so!
    Changing the back box will make no difference to power whatsoever, especially on a low revving mildly tuned 2.0 diesel.
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by akash_sky1 View Post
    That's contrary to what everyone else would tell you/ has done.
    Are you saying the back box addes more back pressure then the restrictive downpipe? Dont think so!
    Changing the back box will make no difference to power whatsoever, especially on a low revving mildly tuned 2.0 diesel.
    Go on then name some diesel tuning companies that recommend changing the down pipe before the exhaust system ie back box. What makes the down pipe so restrictive then? Changing the back box does make a difference as that is the part of the exhaust system companies use to restrict the flow and lower noise etc to meet the laws in all the countries around the world where the car is sold. Change the down pipe to what ever size you like but keep the stock restrictive exhaust system and you will gain sod all.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
    Hello!

I'm in a similar situation. I own an A3 with BKD and DSG. Currently I have a... Superchips Stage1 remap and I like it a lot.
    I'm planning to do some upgrades. I'm thinking on a turbo change with a GT2260vk. It is not a plug&play job but I know where to go to make the proper adjustments.
    Beside the turbo change, what else should I do? I'm thinking of a sport air filter (ITG?), new intercooler, an oil cooler, maybe a catch-can, brakes upgrade, suspension upgrade (B12?)
    The end result I'm looking for is ~250BHP and ~500NM
    What do you think?
    You will need bigger injectors to make 250 bhp and a software update on the DSG box. Unless you live where it gets very hot an uprated FMIC isn`t really necessary but it all helps. All depends on how much money you want to spend.

6+1 Gears

Status
    I live in Romania. the temperatures in the summer can reach 35, sometimes even 40 degrees Celsius in the shadow but these are peak temperatures. The average is lower.
    About remapping the gearbox, I would like to but here we only have Revo and they only do DSG software for petrol engine cars. No remap for diesel DSGs available.
    DSG | Vienna Leather | Bose Sound | MFSW | Interior Lights Pack | Light & Rain Sensors | Auto Dimming Mirror Mods: LED RNS-e | FL LED Tail Lights | Bi-Xenons | Illuminated Speaker Grilles | Tinted windows | Chrome Switches | Chrome Paddles&Commands | RS4 Start Button | Cruise Control | S3 Pedals | S3 Roof Spoiler | 18" BBS CH | H&R Spacers 10/15 mm | Bilstein B16 PSS10 | H&R 26/24 ARBs | TT Arms | S3 Front Brakes+DS2500+Tarox F2000 | HEL Brake Lines | VNT20 | EGR&Cooler Delete | Custom Remap

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by devonmikeyboy View Post
    Go on then name some diesel tuning companies that recommend changing the down pipe before the exhaust system ie back box. What makes the down pipe so restrictive then? Changing the back box does make a difference as that is the part of the exhaust system companies use to restrict the flow and lower noise etc to meet the laws in all the countries around the world where the car is sold. Change the down pipe to what ever size you like but keep the stock restrictive exhaust system and you will gain sod all.
    I put a full system on my remapped Bora PD 130 and it made sod all difference apart from sound.
    The standard exhausts have a bottleneck anyway so its not a big deal if you change a DP before exhaust. The standard downpipe is just choking the turbo its so restrictive.