Next performance upgrade?

pengjn

Reaction score
I recently had my 2.0 TDI 140ps Sport DSG remapped by Angel Tuning. Fantastic job and the car has come alive as a result. I've also got an ITG performance air filter to help it breath. What is a good next upgrade to get some extra power without breaking the bank?

Pass. It's a 2004 model if that's any help?

Why does he want to replace the down pipe then as it`s not restricting the exhaust flow from his turbo? The back box is the restrictive part of the exhaust.

Hello!

I'm in a similar situation. I own an A3 with BKD and DSG. Currently I have a... Superchips Stage1 remap and I like it a lot.
I'm planning to do some upgrades. I'm thinking on a turbo change with a GT2260vk. It is not a plug&play job but I know where to go to make the proper adjustments.
Beside the turbo change, what else should I do? I'm thinking of a sport air filter (ITG?), new intercooler, an oil cooler, maybe a catch-can, brakes upgrade, suspension upgrade (B12?)
The end result I'm looking for is ~250BHP and ~500NM
What do you think?

Why does he want to replace the down pipe then as it`s not restricting the exhaust flow from his turbo? The back box is the restrictive part of the exhaust.

That's contrary to what everyone else would tell you/ has done.
Are you saying the back box addes more back pressure then the restrictive downpipe? Dont think so!
Changing the back box will make no difference to power whatsoever, especially on a low revving mildly tuned 2.0 diesel.

That's contrary to what everyone else would tell you/ has done.
Are you saying the back box addes more back pressure then the restrictive downpipe? Dont think so!
Changing the back box will make no difference to power whatsoever, especially on a low revving mildly tuned 2.0 diesel.

Go on then name some diesel tuning companies that recommend changing the down pipe before the exhaust system ie back box. What makes the down pipe so restrictive then? Changing the back box does make a difference as that is the part of the exhaust system companies use to restrict the flow and lower noise etc to meet the laws in all the countries around the world where the car is sold. Change the down pipe to what ever size you like but keep the stock restrictive exhaust system and you will gain sod all.

Hello!

I'm in a similar situation. I own an A3 with BKD and DSG. Currently I have a... Superchips Stage1 remap and I like it a lot.
I'm planning to do some upgrades. I'm thinking on a turbo change with a GT2260vk. It is not a plug&play job but I know where to go to make the proper adjustments.
Beside the turbo change, what else should I do? I'm thinking of a sport air filter (ITG?), new intercooler, an oil cooler, maybe a catch-can, brakes upgrade, suspension upgrade (B12?)
The end result I'm looking for is ~250BHP and ~500NM
What do you think?

You will need bigger injectors to make 250 bhp and a software update on the DSG box. Unless you live where it gets very hot an uprated FMIC isn`t really necessary but it all helps. All depends on how much money you want to spend.

I live in Romania. the temperatures in the summer can reach 35, sometimes even 40 degrees Celsius in the shadow but these are peak temperatures. The average is lower.
About remapping the gearbox, I would like to but here we only have Revo and they only do DSG software for petrol engine cars. No remap for diesel DSGs available.

Go on then name some diesel tuning companies that recommend changing the down pipe before the exhaust system ie back box. What makes the down pipe so restrictive then? Changing the back box does make a difference as that is the part of the exhaust system companies use to restrict the flow and lower noise etc to meet the laws in all the countries around the world where the car is sold. Change the down pipe to what ever size you like but keep the stock restrictive exhaust system and you will gain sod all.
I put a full system on my remapped Bora PD 130 and it made sod all difference apart from sound.
The standard exhausts have a bottleneck anyway so its not a big deal if you change a DP before exhaust. The standard downpipe is just choking the turbo its so restrictive.