BBS CH on S3- Which locknuts?

PaulAr

S3 (8P)
Reaction score
Just fitted a set of 18" BBS CHs (cheers to Spin140:thumbsup:) and as you would expect the studs that came with the wheels are longer to accomodate the different offset.
Also they have a straight taper on the `seat` section of the stud, where as the OEMs have a radius.

So, how do I get a set of locking nuts to suit this new arrangement?

Thanks guys.

Paul

Unfortunately i've just sold a set, otherwise i could have helped you out.

Speak to Rimstyle or Phil @ PW Motorsport as i'm sure they'll be able to sell you a set.

Unfortunately i've just sold a set, otherwise i could have helped you out.

Speak to Rimstyle or Phil @ PW Motorsport as i'm sure they'll be able to sell you a set.

Thanks mate.

Did you notice that the OEMS studs and longer versions for the new rims have a different shaped seat?

Paul

Thanks mate.

Did you notice that the OEMS studs and longer versions for the new rims have a different shaped seat?

Paul

Yes BBS are taper seats and Audi OEM are radius seat. Didn't notice that the length was different to be faif.

if you get a set im after some oem locknuts, youve all heard of mine not comming with the key and me having to remove them

if you get a set im after some oem locknuts, youve all heard of mine not comming with the key and me having to remove them

Had to chuck them in with theOEM rims mate or you could have had them.

cheers
Paul

its not a problem like ill just buy a set from the stealers but if anyone had some going spare i could save myself a few quid

Nice to see you doing more mods
Yes mate, it is very moreish this modding lark.:yes:

Just a shame the S3s clutch is so poor or I would be looking at more power. Stage 2+ is very tempting.
Hopefully I will get a go in a SACHs equipped car at Inters to see what the pedal feels like and decide whether its a future mod.

This could get expensive.
Cheaper than buying a new car though.

Cheers
Paul

Its not much different man, you'll soon get used to it, as I drive Matt's Stage II + S3 alot

Kinda hoping thats the cause.
I have `bumper to bumber` most days so needs to be fairly traffic friendly.

Cheers
Paul

Trying to post some pics.
Can you not just drag/drop or copy paste into a post?

Thanks
Paul