S3 OEM air feed piping spare anyone?

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi

I am working on my BMC CDA that I have fitted to the car atm, to perfect the air feed to it, so I was hopefully looking to find someone who has there original air feed kit of there S3 when they fitted a CAI in place of there OEM fitments.

I would only need the front parts that fit to the grill area & then to the engine cover, so 3-4 small parts in total, no need for the cover itself.

Research purposes, so donation if possible please or a small fee, I'n not cheap just audi charge £25 for it & wanna minimise my costs atm as it is research & I may chop it up or use as a base to make a feed myself & use it for shape only.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply mate, it is appreciated.

What can we sort out please mate?

I was thinking about getting mine BMC to wrap around the intake piece bolted to to the grille intake some time ago. I currently have a extended silicone hose so it touching the grille intake. However Forge have have this grille intake to have a circle diameter so it would technically fit to the extended silicone hose I have at the moment. I never got around to asking Forge what the diameter is.

this is the piece im talking about, ive emailed forge about diameter and price
FMIND12tdi.jpg

Yes I have been talking to John@Forge today aswell after seeing the twintake front part with a view to making something for us BMC CDA users on the 2.0 tdi.

Can you post a pic of your current fitment mate please.

Edit....... lmfao I was just typing about that part mate lol.

TBH mate I've been thinking of moulding something out of fibre glass or carbon, any ideas would be welcome to acheive an end goal for us & many others.

Further thought it needs to be fairly rigid for when sealing it to the bmc round end as not to break the mould huh, I'll continue thinking.

TBH mate I've been thinking of moulding something out of fibre glass or carbon, any ideas would be welcome to acheive an end goal for us & many others.

Further thought it needs to be fairly rigid for when sealing it to the bmc round end as not to break the mould huh, I'll continue thinking.

what about a longer silicone hose and cut it up so it wraps around the inatke and fix it there with fibre glass?

Its that totally crap front air feed huh, when bonnet down its pathetic, cant even see the damn thing when its shut, there's room to go down behind the headlight to the passenger fog light area on my S3 front, was gonna look into this, which would give me a much improved air flow upto the BMC, have to maybe move the bmc to sit at a different angle or create something better through the front, ideas ideas mate, keep em coming.

I'll do some test fits when weather is better & post pic so you can see what I mean.

you still looking for the intake duct pal, I've got one here you can have for the postage or you can collect if your local

Hey Charlie

Yeah it would be a help fella, let me know what you have & postage cost mate.

Much appreciated if you can help me.

I recognise your sig pics from somewhere, you're not from mk5gti forum are you mate?

yes certainly am, which bits are you looking for exactly the duct that bolts to the grill??, and where are you based?

Thought I recognised you mate, yes basically everything from the engine cover round connection to the grill, so its what 3-4 smallish parts if you can spare.

I'll PM my number or you an send me yours & I'll give you a shout.

Thanks in advance.