JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

Wax on wax off!!

What is the general opinion as to the best wax on the market. Any recommendations greatly appreciated...

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Gievf Buckets

Status
    if you combine value and functionallity autoglym high def wax, or dodo juice supernatrual, though i still have to try my tub of that out

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    I love Collinite 476S Supercoat Double Wax, use a few layers after you've polished. But you may get more help from the detailing part of the forum

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks both, have tried a couple that really don't do the job...

5th Gear

Status
    I'm loving my Zymol Carbon - long lasting, easy to use, and great beading. Been usin it for years, and lasts an age as long as your sensible with it. Dont be put off by the 110 price tag for the initial kit. Your getting car wash, wax, polish, clothes, leather cleaner, appilcator pads, and it all lasts really well.

My 2p worth.
    "Dont get me wrong. Ugly girls need loving. Just not by me."

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    I agree with P5 autoglym high def wax works for me. The secret is to get the car clean first so if the surface dosnt feel as smooth as glass before you start its not clean.
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

Gievf Buckets

Status
    ^listen to the man, jetwash with tfr, followed by tar n glue remover followed by a claybar

then i usually go for 2-3 coats of different polishes to get the shine and 2 coats of wax to lock it in and deepen it

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah's A3 View Post
    I love Collinite 476S Supercoat Double Wax, use a few layers after you've polished. But you may get more help from the detailing part of the forum
    I use this too, excellent for the price
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

1st Gear
    Bounce Back Champion

Status
    I put two coats of autoglym hi def wax on my car the day i picked it up and its had two more since , plus 2 coats of turtle wax top coat sealant
    its that waterproof im sure it would float

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    But its all in the preparation! MAke sure you get all tar etc off first! Like Paddy and P5 said. Looks such a better finish if you do! And put quite a few layers on!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

Enthusiast

Status
    HARLY WAX for me.
    VCDS USER

2.0 TDi CR 170 Sportback BE

Status
    I used wax
    Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Car Wax 2.0

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDi CR 170 S-line Black Edition MY11 -
    Comfort package, Adaptive Light, Flat tyre warning indicator, Luggage pack, Reversible floor mat in boot, Through load system
    First aid kit and warning triangle, Interior light pack, Electric lumbar support, Electric front seats, Heatet front seats, USB connection

My page about Audi A3 - http://www.a3tdi.uphero.com
    combustion - http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/429019.html

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add xnox202 on Facebook
    3-Step Meguiars. I love it! Perfect results everytime.
    MY10 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Tronic Gone but not forgotten
    2003 Seat Leon Cupra R W.I.P.

1st Gear

Status
    Swissvax Onyx works the best for me. I've got a tub of Dodo Juice Rainforest Rub (only used twice), and it doesn't glide on as well as the Swissvax imo.

I've got a few coats left of the Onyx, but will definitely be buying more again in the near future

6th Gear

Status
    Blackfire stuff is great and easy to use.
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

1st Gear

Status
    Hand wash with meguiars lambs wool wash mit (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Meguiars-Magui...e658a6feaf5166)

Using Meguiars gold class shampoo and conditioner ( http://www.twenga.co.uk/dir-Cars-Mot...-shampoo-12971)

Then using a meguiars clay bar kit making sure all the rough bits are off the car bugs,tar ect ( http://www.performancemotorcare.com/...y_Bar_Kit.html )

Now for the nice long tricky bit' getting rid of all the swirls 3m swirl remover ( http://www.limitedgoods.com/itemView...ogleUK_InStock )

Then for the polish bring back the shine' meguiars new glaze ( http://www.meguiars.co.uk/product/347 )

Then for the wax,you have got to have a good wax ' I use meguiars for alot but there wax i dont like sorry but dose not do any thing for me i use dodo juice purple haze pro,bit of money but well worth it. ( http://www.dodojuice.com/purple-haze...a-car-wax.html )

Also a link of purple haze in action,i will say aswell purple haze is for dark cars only but dodo juice do all for diff cars, Video link here ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6qHVZ4G5k4)

This is how I do my car but all diff to there own, Thanks alot ( A CLEAN CAR IS A NICE RIDE AND FEEL )

1st Gear

Status
    You sir have made me well want to go buy all that stuff you mention..

my Audi is sitting in the dealers right now, and the kid that the guy hires to wash all the cars, I swear he uses sand paper.. its swirled to hell!

Maybe if i have some money left after taking it to Audi to get a bit trim replaced and a couple of other things.. fingers crossed!!
    8P Audi A3 2.0TDI Quattro Sport - what a change from my 1.0L CorsaC!!!

follow me on Twitter - Jonay1990 for #Photography #Aviation #Mil #Automotive #Subsea

Neutral

Status
    I use HD wax also. That small tub lasts a long long time aswell.
    Unforgivable wheel gap

The King of Cannock

Status
    I'm a dodo fan as well use there super natural wax very very good stuff

Air, OZ, Tarrox, on a TDI

1st Gear

Status
    Some colours react differently to individual waxes. Silvers work better with sealants rather than waxes, giving a glossy finish. High pigment colours like blacks and reds are better with waxes IMHO. Some great suggestions up there, the meguiars 3 step is time consuming and gives ok results, Nxt Gen wax doesn't last long at all. Any of the Dodo juices are great, Autoglym HD has got everyone raving and is available easily. Collinite lasts ages and gives good results, I use Finish Kare 1000p sealant on my silver A3, i can then use a wax on top of that if I wish but there's no need. As said at the top, Preparation is the key. cleanyourcar.co.uk is a good starting place. All the guides you'll need on the forum there!!! Wash, De-tar, clay, polish, seal, wax should see you right, but it can take all day!!! Let us know how you get on mate!
    3.2 V6 - Bring on the Burble!

4th Gear

Status
    dodo juice defo the best and easiest to work with, my vote every time.

Engage the beige!

Status
    Swissvax Crystal Rock is the most awesome wax I've tried. I really want that one.

I use Swissvax Shield on a daily basis though.

I like Swissvax because of how easy it is to use, how it looks, and how long-lasting it is. And of course the smell! After coat of Shield, the hole car, the garage and me smells like passion fruit!
    2005 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0TDI in Dakar Beige
    FK Coilovers, 19" BBS Speedline (Summer Wheels), 18" BBS CK Replicas (Winter Wheels)