2006 (55plate) 2.0TDI Quattro Sport - Tips and Advice

Jonay

Reaction score
Good day,

as mentioned in other topics I'm the new owner of the mentioned A3.

I'm wanting to keep it in the best of knick I can, so any tips and advice on what to and not to do are gratefully received.

Its got 112K+ on the clock (its an ex-motorway hog) and I'll be using it for mainly A class and B class roads so the usage is quite different from its previous owners. (problem or benefit?)

Oil advice I've got from the oil thread, but anything else you've got to add is more than welcome!

I can't remember off the top of my head when it was last serviced, (its got full history) as I don't actually have the vehicle in my possession yet (needs tax before I can get it away from garage, and it's 150mi away!) but i think it was around the 110K mark.

I'll have a look back when I get the car (hopefully Tuesday 22nd (as im working between then and now :( ) and let you know what was done and when, so you guys can hopefully point me in the right direction.

The first thing I know to get done is that the driver side B-pillar's (the one behind the door (correct?)) trim is damaged somehow, it looks as if theres a film portector thats been peeled off, so I'll need to get that replaced by Audi, and the tracking needs sorting out (driving slightly about 5* right hand up in a straight line).

Questions :

a) how much is an Audi serivce approx? (I think i saw somewhere its around £750 for a full!?)

b) is it ok to get it done by a third party? ( I dont think ill be selling this car on anytime soon, if it lives past 5years then it might be a hand me down to either sister, or my dad if he aint got anything better by then!)

Thanks! :rock:

anyone? I'm totally new to diesel and don't have a scooby!

Is there a cambelt or equilivant that i need to replace after so long etc? Sparkplugs or glow plugs? how often do they need changed etc?

theres a thread up for the audi service costs,

and at your milage it wont effect the value if its no longer audi only history so third party is fine

I would phone around some good VAG independent garages mate. No need to go to Audi dealers these days.