Volks AutosSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

112k + 2.0 TDI Q Sport - crapping it now!!

Going through the FAQs, I came across this thread about the cylinder head cracking problem, now I've just gone and bought a 112k 2.0TDIQ Sport and I'm really worried now that this might happen as it is a 55plate.

Any advice? :|
    8P Audi A3 2.0TDI Quattro Sport - what a change from my 1.0L CorsaC!!!

follow me on Twitter - Jonay1990 for #Photography #Aviation #Mil #Automotive #Subsea

2. # ADS
    ADS

As far from JBS as possible !

Status
    If it was going to crack it would have happend ages ago mate so stop worrying.
    As for your turbo and clutch well thats another story ....
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.

Dec
    2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by devonmikeyboy View Post
    If it was going to crack it would have happend ages ago mate so stop worrying.
    As for your turbo and clutch well thats another story ....
    How long do the turbo's last mines on around 91/92k now having done around 20k in it since october. I always get paranoid about stuff going wrong but would rather be aware :/

'04 A3 2.0 TDI.

Status
    I was only messing about. The only real weak parts of the PD140 engine/transmission are the clutch/turbo/head. When the clutch and turbo die seems to me more down to bad luck then anything else.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

1st Gear

Status
    Phew!!

Thanks, the dealer said he had a slight worry about the turbo (whistling noise or something?) so he sent it off to Audi for them to have a look at it, was only a bit of dirt in there.. they said no problems! :D

Thanks again

follow me on Twitter - Jonay1990 for #Photography #Aviation #Mil #Automotive #Subsea

Status
    Did you get any warrenty with the car then? On a serious note and not wanting to scare you but if the turbo starts to make a whistling noise that usually means the bearing are starting to wear and the turbo needs to be refurbed or replaced.

1st Gear

Status
    I get 30days, and have to buy more if i want it, at the rate of about 120 per 30days or thereabouts..

He said that he sent it to audi and they sent it back after cleaning it saying its fine..

Status
    120 for 30 days ! I think somebody is taking the piss there.

Lex
    2nd Gear

Status
    My car has 128k on it now and has had a new turbo, clutch, cylinder head and many other bits

my car is slightly older as a 53 reg and i think my turbo is about to go again.

the cylinder head is the thing to worry about on the early a3's but only have to start worrying if you start loosing your coolant, so keep your eye out for that first
    now : A3 2.0 TDI, ST-3 remap, coilovers, matte black rs6 alloys

800 spent on my car in a week, is that excessive? B***ocks is it