112k + 2.0 TDI Q Sport - crapping it now!!

Jonay

Reaction score
Going through the FAQs, I came across this thread about the cylinder head cracking problem, now I've just gone and bought a 112k 2.0TDIQ Sport and I'm really worried now that this might happen as it is a 55plate.

Any advice? :|

If it was going to crack it would have happend ages ago mate so stop worrying.
As for your turbo and clutch well thats another story ....:whistle2:

If it was going to crack it would have happend ages ago mate so stop worrying.
As for your turbo and clutch well thats another story ....:whistle2:

How long do the turbo's last :ohmy: mines on around 91/92k now having done around 20k in it since october. I always get paranoid about stuff going wrong but would rather be aware :/

I was only messing about. The only real weak parts of the PD140 engine/transmission are the clutch/turbo/head. When the clutch and turbo die seems to me more down to bad luck then anything else.

Phew!!

Thanks, the dealer said he had a slight worry about the turbo (whistling noise or something?) so he sent it off to Audi for them to have a look at it, was only a bit of dirt in there.. they said no problems! :D

Thanks again :)

Did you get any warrenty with the car then? On a serious note and not wanting to scare you but if the turbo starts to make a whistling noise that usually means the bearing are starting to wear and the turbo needs to be refurbed or replaced.

I get 30days, and have to buy more if i want it, at the rate of about £120 per 30days or thereabouts..

He said that he sent it to audi and they sent it back after cleaning it saying its fine..

£120 for 30 days ! I think somebody is taking the **** there.

My car has 128k on it now and has had a new turbo, clutch, cylinder head and many other bits

my car is slightly older as a 53 reg and i think my turbo is about to go again.

the cylinder head is the thing to worry about on the early a3's but only have to start worrying if you start loosing your coolant, so keep your eye out for that first