Reaction score
Im looking at changing my wheels on my Lava Grey Audi A3

Im leaning towards an Audi Replica wheel

I Really like Audi RS4 Replica's but cant decide what finish to have

Polished

!Bt5T4mg!2k~$(KGrHqEOKi0EvNT29-5)BL9+DbJ3pw~~_35.JPG

Standard Silver Paint

img8c6314RS4_NEW.jpg

I Prefer the polished wheels as their not as common and they would match the chrome grill surround?
However How do the polished wheels wear as ive been told after 6 months they would look :Flush: as they would get stone chips and corrode and there’s nothing worse than scabby wheels! Ive thought about using them as summer wheels only as well...

Any other wheels that are better and your thoughts would be greatly appreciated :icon_thumright:

would be much better in chrome would be a nice touch but as you said will mark soo easy summer wheels is a good idea for the easy life i would go with thw standard silver paint

yep - less than 6 months the laquer will be chipped and start lifting which will give way to the "white worm" making them look scabby

you can get hyper silver if you want a shiney finish

as above you may regret the res but if you must dont go polished the finish on reps is awful and polished dies a death anyway

:3sadwalk: Hmmm that’s what i thought guess i wont get polished then.

Whats Hyper Silver?!

Whats so bad with Replica wheels?

How do the wheels get chipped in the first place? the wheels on the car are nearly perfect part just a bit boring...

Any recommendations

Last edited:
Reps= buy cheap buy twice.

Get yourself a set if originals off eBay and like N8 says get them powder coated.

:3sadwalk: Hmmm that’s what i thought guess i wont get polished then.

Whats Hyper Silver?!

Whats so bad with Replica wheels?

How do the wheels get chipped in the first place? the wheels on the car are nearly perfect part just a bit boring...

Any recommendations

I had a hyper silver finish on my BBS RC's. I can honestly say they look stunning when clean. They look similar to a ball burinished finish. I don't know of any companies that offer this finish as part of a refurb, if you, or anybody else does, i'd be very interested.

See the link below for another suggestion:
http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/230174.aspx?PageIndex=1

Oh yea, don't go for reps... Save up for the real ones.

*Edited*
Hyper silver finish:
apexHyperblackfront1000stamp.jpg
]
http://media.photobucket.com/image/BBS RC Hyper Silver/paintpro21/apexHyperblackfront1000stamp.jpg

polished finish looks great , need to be so careful with them, as damage is not easy to repair , the winter got the better of one of mine and it will need replaced soon , no chips tho the dreaded white worm blemish ............. really should have taken them off over winter.................

:drool: woah they are nice !

I don’t know any company’s that can to that finish at the moment
but I am defiantly gonna try and find out someone who does and will let you know via this thread

Quite liking the look of some of the BBS Wheels and that Finish does look smart

I don’t wanna rush into getting some wheels and am planning to go GTI Inters which will give me a good chance to check out what they look like in the flesh.

Half of me wants to get audi oem but then the other half is telling me to get a more unique wheel such as BBS etc :banghead:

pristine are the best furbers in the country full stop, anything special i have gets sent there run of the mill stuff and oem usually goes to coatech, id send everything to pristine only problem is they are in london so its a bit far unless its something special

pristine are the best furbers in the country full stop, anything special i have gets sent there run of the mill stuff and oem usually goes to coatech, id send everything to pristine only problem is they are in london so its a bit far unless its something special

Spoke to these guys a while back.
Apparently they are the only outfit in the Uk that can refurb MONZAII rims from the MK5 Gti.

They have agents too, I was directed to a place in Whitley Bay who would do one wheel at a time on an exchange basis meaning you could keep the car on the road while each wheel was at Pristine being corrected. They organised the wheel to and from Pristine as well as changing out your wheels/tyres.
iirc it was £60 per rim which is pretty good value.

Its worth looking around for used no-rep rims, I just picked up a very nice set of BBS CH from a forum member (Cheers Spin140:icon_thumright:) for £525. Thats around £800 less than brand new and about the same as a new set of reps!

Cheers
Paul

i can vouch for pristine, im not saying others arent out there just that they managed to refurb a very difficult set of diamond cut merc 20" deep dish (well 1.5inch not deep :p) rims and they were perfect