AH FabricationsChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

s3 mirrors help needed

Hi guys

recently bought set of genuine Audi s3 mirrors from eBay part no's 8e0587508d, since it was a nice day and b4 the footy started decided to fit them, after a bit of fiddling around the old mirrors came off(great tip to move the mirrors as far down as possibly makes it alot easier to get in he behind them) and I fitted the new one's problem is they don’t seem to be as flush as the originals, any help or tips would be much appreciated?
    the guide i used said depending on the year of the mirrors there is a bit difference due to a supplier change?

guide i used

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-Cover-Install

couple of pics i took

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/808/dsc00082z.jpg
    http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/627/dsc00081r.jpg
    http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/2365/dsc00079g.jpg

cheers
    Gary

2. # ADS
    ADS

Interior Next!!

Status
    i think you need to get the matching stalk ( triangle black bit they mount to ) did you get that piece too??
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

Neutral

Status
    only bought the covers, thought it would be a straight switch they look ok just not as flush as i thought they would look

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    They are a bit of a pig to align right when fitting. Try having a fiddle with them, you shouldn't have to change anything other than the covers.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    You need to push the underside trims on properly for a start mate, they're not fully pushed home, also the covers sit into slots on the metal chassis of the mirrors, it would appear these arent pushed in properly either, take the glass of again & have a nosey at the fitment 1st, then remove & refit.

Look at your old mirror covers & you'll see at the top there are 2 kinda hooking plastic lugs that sit over 2 locations on the metal chassis & also at the back underside there are 2 locating type of clips, these need to also sit home as such.

Check or any wires that have also got in the way.

The covers are an exact fit as per the B6/7 & some A6 chassis's

I've taken these off & back on many times including today & admittedly if you're not aware of fitment, its a pita, but once on properly, everytime after is a doddle.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Gievf Buckets

Status
    its a fiddly job but like said its a direct fit, you need some tweaking around and everything should come home

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

Neutral

Status
    Doh!! thanks for all the tips guys, after taking my time lining up the drivers side cover it fitted perfectly, i then got a bit cocky and rushed the passenger side now need a new mirror glass
    is ebay the best place to look or is the dealer reasonable for just the glass?
    thats enough damage done to the car for this month lol next month im thinking s3 pedals

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gazzaw888 View Post
    Doh!! thanks for all the tips guys, after taking my time lining up the drivers side cover it fitted perfectly, i then got a bit cocky and rushed the passenger side now need a new mirror glass
    is ebay the best place to look or is the dealer reasonable for just the glass?
    thats enough damage done to the car for this month lol next month im thinking s3 pedals
    I managed to break some glass when changing mine a while back. I found GSF were reasonable.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

Gievf Buckets

Status
    ebay is probably the cheapest for the glass mateglad you got the covers fitting right

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.