Sky InsuranceBadger5
    Neutral

Status

hi need some advice..or parts!lol

hi basically my turbo went about a month ago..so i got it replaced..then it started making a tapping noise that speeds up as you press the accelerator..i got told it could be a piston problem??true?not true?so then i got told i could either change the engine as the spindle broke and has gone into the engine, or get another cylinder block.. top end.true?the car has now been off the road for a while and i want it working again!!has anyone got an engine or can help me with this problem.
    thanks!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Fossie

Status
    Sorry to hear your bad news and I'm afraid I won't be able to help you.

However, you will need to tell the other guys what sort of a car you have :- what year, 3 door or 5 door, and what engine, petrol, diesel, size etc. etc. in order for them to be able to help.

Good luck !

As far from JBS as possible !

Status
    Untill you get the engine apart there is no real way of knowing what has been damaged.
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.

Neutral

Status
    o yes sorry completely forgot iv got a 3 door audi a3 53 plate 2.0L tdi 140 sport manual.