Have I bought the right wheels?

pengjn

Reaction score
I just received a set second hand OEM RS6 alloys from ebay. I have an A3 8P 2.0 TDI Sport, which has the standard 17" Star alloys, which are 225/45/17 on both front and back.

The new wheels are 225/40/18 on the front and 235/40/18 on the back. I'm a bit concerned that the front and back wheels are different sizes on the new wheels but the same on the old wheels.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Have I gone and bought incompatible wheels?

Look at the inside of your 4 alloys.

Since they are OEM you sould be able to read the ET/offset of the alloys

Look at the inside of your 4 alloys.

Since they are OEM you sould be able to read the ET/offset of the alloys

Both the fronts and the rears have the following stamped on the inside: '8.0Jx18H2 ET 43' and '8EO 601 025 AK'. I have no clue what this means :uhm:

8EO 601 025 AK Is the Audi part number. Someone on here should be able to check it for and give you more details about the wheels.

You should be fine with 235 on the rear. I have 225 all round but many members have 235.

Cheers

ET 43 sounds good enough.

8J is the width of the alloy, so 235 as a tyre will be fine

The OEM RS6 alloys for the A3 are ET 54 with 7.5x18

Thanks for the info everyone. I'd like to get Eibach springs to lower it. I've seen a lot of posts about spacers but I have no idea if I will need them with these wheels and if I need them what size. Any tips?

You shouldn't NEED them, but they will look better. I'm lowered 55mm on H&R's and run my BBS Callitos no problems.

Thanks for the info everyone. I'd like to get Eibach springs to lower it. I've seen a lot of posts about spacers but I have no idea if I will need them with these wheels and if I need them what size. Any tips?

You won't want spacers with that fitment. They'll fill the arches nicely. You may get some rubbage on the back though with 235's and ET43.

Ignoring the tyre width, those are already going to poke out about 17mm than the OE A3 18's.