Emision control system dash light on after MOT?

golfg6076

Reaction score
Just had my 2004 3.2 A3 MOT'd and was a ****** to start. It was like it had a flat battery? turned ignition off and then back on and it done it again. Tried it for a third time and started with no problem at all like it had forgoten the battery was flat but threw up the EMMISION CONTROL SYSTEM light on my dash.

Any ideas? The car has been stood up for a couple of months and i replaced the battery for a new one a couple of days ago.

Your help will be appreciated.

check for fault codes and see whats stored. anything else is just guessing.

I had the emmision light come up on my S3. The engine also lacked power and the turbo did not seem to spin up. I was told to disconnect the battery and the light should go out. The light did go out and full engine power was back. This worked for about a week then the light came on again. In the end main dealer changed the throttle body under warranty.
Everything good at the moment.

Wouldn't recommend doing a "battery pull", this clears all fault codes.. Instead you should get it hooked up to vagcom and see why the problem is occurring. The battery trick will resolve the symptoms of your problem but won't let you fix what is wrong

where are you located? try the vcds user map to find someone near you who can read and clear the fault code for you

Not done the battery trick. Was thinking it over and thought the same. Would rather find out "why" first.