Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
    Neutral

Status

Help needed, Thinking of remap on 2.0 Tdi S Line

Hi, just recently got an A3 2.0Tdi S line 140 and am looking at getting it remapped but have heard it can cause problems with the clutch slipping, is this true and can anyone give me some advice on tuning please? Would be much appreciated.

2. # ADS
    ADS

The King of Cannock

Status
    I think it depends on the quality of the remap and how you drive. If you go with a good brand ie revo, custom code etc and not a cheap none made remap and your not a foot to the floor wheel spinning from the lights you'll be fine. Thera guys on here that have had remaps for years with no issues.

Air, OZ, Tarrox, on a TDI

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Where are you based?

4th Gear

Status
    My clutch went about 1k after installing my ChippedUK ST3 fast road remap. To be fair, the car had done about 75k. I was prepared for it though, and just reverted back to the original map until I replaced the clutch (OEM), and its been fine for the last 40k.
    Looking for the right A4 Quattro. 1.9 TDI / 1.8T or 2.0T...
    My A4:http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b8-chassis/125399-my-brief.html

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Where are you based?
    Im based in the North East

1st Gear

Status
    Done 15k in my 140tdi now with revo remap and no issues. As b19ctr says as long as your not going to dump the clutch away from every set of traffic light then you should be fine but it will obviously have some long term effect on the clutch with the added torque!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by remslie20 View Post
    Done 15k in my 140tdi now with revo remap and no issues. As b19ctr says as long as your not going to dump the clutch away from every set of traffic light then you should be fine but it will obviously have some long term effect on the clutch with the added torque!
    Is there a clutch plate or something you can do to stop any future damage? What's yours like since having it remapped?

1st Gear

Status
    Much improved, turbo still takes a while to spool up but once you get to 2600 revs and the torque kicks in theres a big difference and it's a nice smooth delivery. Would defo recomend it!

Pedal to the Metal!!!

Status
    Trust me you'll realise the car is gutless once you've had the remap on for a while. I cant believe how slow my car is in standard. My car: A3 2.0TDI 140 DSG.

Neutral

Status
    I highly recommend http://www.angeltuning.co.uk/

As far from JBS as possible !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by darkside View Post
    Is there a clutch plate or something you can do to stop any future damage? What's yours like since having it remapped?
    There are several uprated clutches on the market. Most people buy either Helix or Sachs.
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.

Neutral

Status
    The remap does have an adverse effect on clutch and turbo. Lots have gone for it though and if you do not plan on keeping the car for long I can see why you might be tempted.
    2.0 TDI SE 140

Neutral

Status
    i am planning on keeping the car for quite a while hence spending a bit money on tweeking it up. Is there any long term problems getting this type of work done?

1st Gear

Status
    I think you either get a good car or a bad car when it comes to tuning. Plenty of people have had problems with their cars instantly after starting to tune them others have no problems and rack up thousand of miles problem free. It's luck more than anything! Keep a standard car long enough and eventually you will need to replace the clutch/turbo at some point, just go for it mate you won't regret it one bit!! I came from a fabia vrs standard and was very dissapointed with the 140, remaped it still doesn't feel as quick but thats probably more down to the smother power delivery!
    Last edited by remslie20; 12th June 2010 at 09:07.