Exhaust and ECU - 3.2 DSG 2005

dave.ah

Reaction score
So I am thinking of getting an exhaust for my a3, I don't want it to be too loud, but a nice burble would be good. A few mates have dealt with powerflow before, so am considering this. Anyone know of any other options which are worth considering?

Also thinking of a chip/remap but considering its non turbo, is it worth it? Has anyone had experience of chipping a 3.2 and the impact on economy and performance?

I would personally steer clear of Pflow..... I think the quality of stainless they use must be pretty poor having seen ones that have been on the car a few yrs. Also they are not know too be quiet.......

How about looking at : Remus/Miltek/Supersprint....

As for maps read the long 3.2 thread.... there is a Audi update that makes a nice difference...

I would try the Audi map first as I think it's been found that most re-maps are just tweeks to the old map and don't actually get rid of the hesitancy issue in the early map....

I don't thing an intake/exhaust is going to do much other than increase noise...

Last edited:
I'd not bother with a remap either. Get a decent induction kit and exhaust. Remus and Supersprint are good to look at.

Mate get the map from Audi. As for what exhasut etc. I am getting my Remus next month. Still thinking about which induction. If you want cat back you will have to get something other than remus as they only do a back box.

Cheers

Mate get the map from Audi. As for what exhasut etc. I am getting my Remus next month. Still thinking about which induction. If you want cat back you will have to get something other than remus as they only do a back box.

Cheers

Where are you finding a Remus back box for the 3.2 8P, do you have a link or something by any chance? I am having trouble finding a seller that stocks one for the right model....

Where are you finding a Remus back box for the 3.2 8P, do you have a link or something by any chance? I am having trouble finding a seller that stocks one for the right model....

www.RemusUk.com has it listed. Another vote from me, sounds great on mine.

A few people do them, AMD Essex can get them or the other AMD and also Elite Direct do them. They are official remus dealer in the UK. Cheers

I just fitted milltek on mine sounds very suttle could hardly tell the difference at first but after a few days the v6 burble kicked in. It's silent when u drive slow but comes alive when u put pedal to metal lol. Wouldn't put induction kit no chance will mess up maf sensor wouldn't recommend.

do the 3.2s have a flap in the exhaust system that is closed at low revs to make the exhaust quieter? if so could just remove the flap?

I just fitted milltek on mine sounds very suttle could hardly tell the difference at first but after a few days the v6 burble kicked in. It's silent when u drive slow but comes alive when u put pedal to metal lol. Wouldn't put induction kit no chance will mess up maf sensor wouldn't recommend.

How much did you pay for you milltek if you don't mind me asking? I got some prices today on exhaust's from elite.
£351 for remus back box
£590 for cat back milltek
£550 for a custom cat back

So there a few options. Still think I am going to go remus had them before on my mk4 GTI and my CLK. Couldn't fault them and lovely quality.

How much did you pay for you milltek if you don't mind me asking? I got some prices today on exhaust's from elite.
£351 for remus back box
£590 for cat back milltek
£550 for a custom cat back

So there a few options. Still think I am going to go remus had them before on my mk4 GTI and my CLK. Couldn't fault them and lovely quality.

Whats your experience with Remus, are they loud? Currently thinking bout exhausts, looking for a subtle noise which kicks in if you put ya foot down, looks like I'm leaning towards Militek cat-back......

Whats your experience with Remus, are they loud? Currently thinking bout exhausts, looking for a subtle noise which kicks in if you put ya foot down, looks like I'm leaning towards Militek cat-back......

The Milltek on mine was the quieter resonated system, but was quite boomy. Certainly not subtle.

The remus are not a boomy exhaust. They have never been like that very subtle and have a very nice raspy sound. They sound quite when you are stationary but lovely when you put your foot down. Thats my experience when i had them on my mk4 GTI and CLK. Maybe one of the guys with the Remus on a 3.2 can comment further.

I am going to visit elite next week at some point as they now also provide a custom exhaust build so will see what options I have. If I don't like the build quality I will go for Remus.

Cheers

do the 3.2s have a flap in the exhaust system that is closed at low revs to make the exhaust quieter? if so could just remove the flap?

Its not a noticeable difference to be honest

I could tell the difference with mine when I did Flap mod. Very subtle tho...

Worth a try as it's free!! Like Paddy says tho it's not going to be like putting a sporty exhaust on.