S3 OEM Rims - How much?

PaulAr

S3 (8P)
Reaction score
What are these worth guys?
Might be doing a wheel change and might sell these to save garage space.

4 x S3 OEM rims

1x mint
2x couple small marks, outer edge
1x fair bit of kerb rash, outer edge

The damage has been tidied up with touch up pen and rims cleaned so look spot on unless really close up.

Do they fit the whole S3 range?

Thanks

Paul

these are prefacelift right?, the going rate fro them is 450 in good knick with tyres mate, if you sell em seperately you stand to make a lot more, it so happens that i am after one :) id take the badly kerbed one if you do break them up

these are prefacelift right?, the going rate fro them is 450 in good knick with tyres mate, if you sell em seperately you stand to make a lot more, it so happens that i am after one :) id take the badly kerbed one if you do break them up

Yep pre facelift.

£450 with tyres? really? :(

2 will be rim only and 2 with barely legal rubber (think Ive got a DVD of the same name actually:whistle2:)

Will I shift them as seperate rims?
How much each do you reckon?

Starting to think I should maybe store them and put them back on when the car goes next year.
Then sell the new rims on.....

Suppose I will see whether the new ones come about first and then decide.

Comments suggestions welcome.

Thanks
Paul

Yep pre facelift.

£450 with tyres? really? :(

2 will be rim only and 2 with barely legal rubber (think Ive got a DVD of the same name actually:whistle2:)

Will I shift them as seperate rims?
How much each do you reckon?

Starting to think I should maybe store them and put them back on when the car goes next year.
Then sell the new rims on.....

Suppose I will see whether the new ones come about first and then decide.

Comments suggestions welcome.

Thanks
Paul

for good rims selling sperate you should see about 120 per alloy without tyre i reckon

picked up some second hand BBS Paul...? ;)

Maybe.;)

Not defo yet though, couple of things to sort.
All going well they could be on for a little run out to GTI International wearing some new rubber too.

Cheers
Paul

i have sort of the same problem, i have my 4 facelift wheels sitting in my shop staring at me as cash, but tbh if £400 is all they worth then is it really worth it? i remember i sold my Cooper s wheels thinking grab the cash worry later.. when i went to sell the dealers wouldnt touch it without oem wheels.. not that it mattered to me cause i sold it seperately... but i still want to sell them now :think:

That is my opinion, keep the wheels as the car will be easier to sell with the standard rims. BBS hold their money well so you well get most of it back when come sell time.

Me however, my CH's are staying with me for life!!

Mine will eventually be sold private and I would have thought it easier to sell with BBS rims rather than OEMS?

I'd always keep the standard rims if you can afford to then swap back come resale, I had the same thought process but the BBS hold the money well so you should get your money back no problem, it seems a crime to sell the OEM ones so cheap, having said that I bet you would get more cash selling individually as we all have space savers so a full size rim is always useful as a spare even if shod in a cheap tyre for emergency use, worth a thought but I'd still vote stash your originals away, if not in a rush and attending GTI international it's just 20 mins drive from me so you could take a look before you buy.

I'd always keep the standard rims if you can afford to then swap back come resale, I had the same thought process but the BBS hold the money well so you should get your money back no problem, it seems a crime to sell the OEM ones so cheap, having said that I bet you would get more cash selling individually as we all have space savers so a full size rim is always useful as a spare even if shod in a cheap tyre for emergency use, worth a thought but I'd still vote stash your originals away, if not in a rush and attending GTI international it's just 20 mins drive from me so you could take a look before you buy.

Good point.
Although maybe the car could be a more interesting prospect for a private punter come car resale time with BBS on it? And its not impossible the car could achieve that extra couple of hundred ££ with them on which covers the difference between the 2 sets of used rims. As well as just making it easier to sell.

And it will stop the missus moaning that the garage has more ***** in it too.

That said, im really dont want to sell on the OEMS too cheap neither.
Will have to chew it over.

The Gti Inters is just a day trip and a hectic schedule but might take you up on that offer depending how the pics turn out.:cool:

For info here are some pics of the OEMS.
http://s856.photobucket.com/home/Paulart/index

Cheers
Paul