Time keeps resetting on A3 clocks...???

xs2man

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Having a small problem with my A3. The time on the clocks sometimes goes dodgy. Not all the time, but at least 3 times now I have had to reset the time. Any ideas what could cause this?

have you checked for discharge on your battery i may be misinterpreting your post though, what about a vag come check?

Same happens to mine. Sometimes the clock digits go all random, but when it does actually show properly; I set the right time, and then it resets again when I start the car up.

Most likely to be the battery, Happened with mine and eventually it got to the point the alarm kept going off. Stuck a new battery in it an had no problems since.

My battery was almost 7 years old.

do you have an after market hid kit fitted? if so move the ballast away from the battery and that will solve the resetting clocks problem.

No after-market HID's so that's okay. She has been struggling a little to start recently, and the glow-plugs were changed last year, so shouldn't be that, so I did suspect the battery. Shame, don't really want to shell out on a new one. Just put on a heap of tax, bought new tyres and discs/pads, and I'm wanting to sell the darned thing...

Get the better Varta Ultra Dynamic version from Audi mate, much better than the Varta Blue version that they fit & it only cost me £70 last year where as others were quoting £130.