JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    292

    Dealer for REVO Stage 1 in Scotland for S3

    Hi All,

    Had my S3 SB BE since the 1st March and now that she is approaching 2k I think its about time I took her to stage one and progressively through the motions to reach that 350+ bhp mark at stage 2+.

    Anyway I am looking to source a suitable vendor to install the software. I had intended Drivers in Glasgow - sho were convenientally 5 mins from me - but I have since heard that they closed (due to recession) last month :-(

    Ideally I was looking to get the 'switch' that I have also read about.

    Anyone know any reputable vendors in the area and also any that are doing any deals - heard that sometimes they offer map with switch thown in as incentive......or any group buys, etc?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    willmac's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    God's Country ( Scotland )
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by elton121272 View Post
    Hi All,

    Had my S3 SB BE since the 1st March and now that she is approaching 2k I think its about time I took her to stage one and progressively through the motions to reach that 350+ bhp mark at stage 2+.

    Anyway I am looking to source a suitable vendor to install the software. I had intended Drivers in Glasgow - sho were convenientally 5 mins from me - but I have since heard that they closed (due to recession) last month :-(

    Ideally I was looking to get the 'switch' that I have also read about.

    Anyone know any reputable vendors in the area and also any that are doing any deals - heard that sometimes they offer map with switch thown in as incentive......or any group buys, etc?

    Thanks in advance.
    Hi Elton, so you are going for it then, cool. Unfortunate "Drivers" have gone, I am not sure there is another Revo dealer now in Scotland.
    Porsche 996TT
    A3 Sportback, 2.0 TDI, 170bhp S-Tronic
    S3 SB BE, Suzuka Grey -Sold

  4. #3
    akash_sky1's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Glasgow (Sheffield occas.)
    Posts
    1,209
    I think they were only Revo tuners in Scotland. You can use MTM for expensive but warrantied mapping, or GIAC in Glenrothes. GIAC have the flashloader which does enable to you switch maps and boost settings if you ever went BT, but not fuel setting like REVO.
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012


  5. #4
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Manchester/Glasgow
    Posts
    90
    Try the Revo website bud. I think they list all the authorised dealers in the UK. Stage 2+ is simply awesome. I have been running it for a month now and the way it picks up pace is phenomenal. Brakes feel a bit weak now!
    Last edited by Muneeb S3; 9th June 2010 at 08:34. Reason: Spelling!
    Audi S3 Facelift | IBIS White | Revo Stg 2 | EVOMS | Milltek TBE | H&R | TD Pro Race 1.2

  6. #5
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    135
    Star performance in Kirkcaldy have a good rep and do GIAC. Revo dealer in Aberdeen called checkpoint but both are a good distance from you!

  7. #6
    Mick a3's Avatar
    Mellow Yellow

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Greenock,Scotland
    Posts
    269
    I know diamond tint's in glasgow have recently advertised a sister company called diamond tuning. Could give them a phone to see what they offer.

    http://www.diamondtuning.co.uk/tuning.htm

    Mick

  8. #7
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    179
    There's Autohaus in Edinburgh - http://www.autohausedinburgh.co.uk/

    and Performance VAg at Bridge of Earn just outside Perth

    Haven't used them myself, so not sure what they are like, but they are a Revo dealers

    Yaks
    2010 S3 Sportback, MY11, S-tronic, Sprint Blue - gone
    2010 A3 TDi 170 quattro, Black Edition, Phantom Black

  9. #8
    PH1L's Avatar
    Gievf Buckets

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Forfar, Scotland
    Posts
    3,863
    theres a place in aberdeen, (well known its one of the biggest) i forget the name but they do revo, however untill today i didnt know that worth a look?


    2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

    Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

    Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

    Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

    Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

  10. #9
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaks View Post
    There's Autohaus in Edinburgh - http://www.autohausedinburgh.co.uk/

    and Performance VAg at Bridge of Earn just outside Perth

    Haven't used them myself, so not sure what they are like, but they are a Revo dealers

    Yaks
    Cheers mate, yeah I picked up on both of these via the Revo site and have emailed both but still no reply from either so like Drivers I wasn't sure if they were still in circulation?


    Quote Originally Posted by willmac View Post
    Hi Elton, so you are going for it then, cool. Unfortunate "Drivers" have gone, I am not sure there is another Revo dealer now in Scotland.
    Hi willmac - hoping to go down the mod route soon but that depends on revo vs distance as I may then have to consider the next best option.....maybe GIAC? By the way good to speak with you last weekend.....the punters in Asda down 'Gods Country' must have got a nice eyeful with two identicals side by side....with one in Ibis the other in superb Suzuka Grey!!

  11. #10
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    292
    Hi Guys,

    Still on the lookout for a reputable Scottish Revo dealer.

    I've just spoken with - Autohaus in Edinburgh - http://www.autohausedinburgh.co.uk

    The guys there said the install takes about 1hr for stage 1. The cost is 495 & vat. I enquired about the switches - they said they do not offer any of the two switches but with your receipt you can obtain them directly from Revo? Anyone know if this is true and makes sense? He said the revo switch (the one which basically is off & on) usually costs 150 and Revo offer it then for 50. The switch plus (which allows what exactly...fuel, boost etc adjustements?) is normally 250 but you get for 100.

    Does anyone have any experience with this dealer?

    Also my set-up is for a 2010 S3.

    Thanks in advance guys :-)

  12. #11
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    888
    there is a place in perth, he is mobile. www.performancevag.com

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO