Well, I have finally got to spend some quality time with my car at last, so thought I would post a few comments good and bad just as feedback if anyone is interested. As you will note it is not in technical speak more just general opinion:
- Engine - sublime to be honest, power delivery is just fantastic, smooth and deceptively fast, seem to cover ground at an unbelievable rate of knots
- DSG gearbox - 100% glad I went for this option, in manual mode it is a lot of fun and when you have had enough play time or get lazy, go back to auto mode, Best of both worlds.
- Bucket seats - took a wee while to get used to them but now find them best seats I have had pleasure to be in, well worth the cash
- Ride quality - I find it smoother than the S-line suspension to be honest, not too crashy but firm enough for what it needs to do on day to day basis. Not pushed it hard enough to feel too much understeer yet and has grip in bucketloads
- RNS-E & AMI with BOSE- Glad I went for this option of RNS-E and coupled with BOSE it does enough to satisfy my music limitations. Have heard of a few that do not like BOSE but to me it is as good a sound you will get without spending shed loads on bigger amps etc
- Fuel Economy - managed to average about 31mpg on long runs which I am happy enough with but just takes a while getting used to re-fuelling a lot more often than with the previous A3 2.0 TDI. Over all average is around 28 mpg which is still pretty good I think.
- Suzuka Grey paintwork- best option box i ticked. I just love the colour and have never seen another colour that seems to change so much in different light's , it is just amazing. Just can't stop staring at it !
- Auto dimming mirrors - Brilliant
- Engine - Almost too quiet ( as the 3.2 owners state the all too obvious on this one ! )
- Exhaust note - Almost non-exisitant, so in near future will want something just to give that rasp at higher end of power band
- RNS-E - I think that the media connection controls are too limited. In my eyes it is not that user friendly.
- Suzuka Grey paintwork - The "Rozzers" seem to like the colour as well. Been stopped twice in last week due to the fact it comes up as grey on DVLA reg recognition but when headlights are on it / under bright street lights it still looks white... oh yes and it is an absolute b*stard to keep clean. But good far outweigh the bad on this one.
- Fuel economy - not as good as a diesel !
The price !!
Mods carried out - Installed BBS CK's 19"
Future Mods planned - Fit Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers, H&R ARB's, MTM re-map stage 1, Maybe Miltek
Detailing - Using Werkstat Acrylic and after 2 coats is really showing off the colour. Couple of pic's below although my camera work seems to get worse rather than better.