a3 2.0tdi Stalling Whilst driving???

jxa915

Reaction score
grrr, right i drove 200miles last week and stopped off for 10mins to come back started the car and drove for 5mins and turned the car round clutch down and it stalled, total loss of power all dials and everything went.. turned the car back on drove for couple mins then changed down into 3rd going up a hill and again total loss of power dash gone off, the lot.. hasent happened since. what kind of problem could this be?s

cheers guys

sounds like a main power supply fault. Check the fault codes.

how do i get that done mate, take it to a vag specilist? its only done it the two times in the space of 5mins.

Might be worth checking the leads are securely on the battery as it might be something as simple as loose terminal. It's free to do and only takes a minute.

I had a similar problem although it was when the Rev's dropped, when it was idleing or crawling in traffic. Turned out to be a dirty throttle body, had it all cleaned out, not had a problem since.

it wont be a throttle body fault as that wouldnt cause the power failure that was mentioned. Where abouts are you?. There will be someone nearby that will have vagcom. If theres a fault code i could point you in the right direction. Other than that it would be guessing.

cheers mte, im off on hols for a week and picking my car up next week after the gearbox has just been done.. ill find out whos got one if it happens again and see if a code pops up..thnks for the help
josh