Water collecting under windscreen

chrisn900

Reaction score
Hi there
I'm sure this is a bit of a design fault.
Whenever it rains, or I wash the car (A3 sportback 2.0 TDi) a pool of water forms in the shallow plastic channel under the passenger side windscreen between the bonnet and the windscreen itself.
Could I drill a small hole in this to disperse the water or would the water flow onto something inside the car or engine compartment.
Iknow this does not cause a real problem, but it just looks annoying seeing a pool of fly or leaf filled water on my nice Audi : )
Thanks for any assistance

Chris
icon7.gif

Mine does this too! Be interested to see if there is a way to stop it! Ive checked that the channels arnt blocked!

Mine too. I just wipe it away with my hand into the drainage channel by the nearside A pillar.

None of my previous cars have collected water here though!

mines doe's it too, pain in the **** when your cleaning and there's still car shampoo in it.

anyone come up with a solution to this, or shall i get my cordless drill out
smilie.png

I wouldnt drill. Looked at mine and running the length down to the front along the inside of the wing it was filled with dead leaves etc, cant really see them at first, but tried to get most out. Will see if this works, worth a try first before drilling!

Just been and had a poke about under bonnet
There is a clear drain hole under drivers wiper arm but nothing on passenger side where water collects.
Neither is there any sign of an escape route for water collecting there.
Guess its an Audi oversight I'll have to live with, as I dont want to poke a hole through the plastic cover willy nilly.