RNS-E Questions

Bigsur

Reaction score
I took delivery of a MY10 A3 2.0 TDI Sline last week and am loving the car. I previously had a Golf GT (mark 5) and a Seat FR but the A3, in my opinion, is far superior.

I am interested in getting an RNS-E, however I have a few questions.
1. Do I need to get some coding done when swapping from a Concert (double din) to RNS-E.
2. I live in an area with poor radio reception; will an RNS-E have issues with derogated reception?
3. I have factory fitted Bluetooth installed, does this matter with regards to installing an RNS-E?

Thanks

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]Can anything be done to improve the radio reception of a retrofitted RNS-E?[/FONT]

Yes, fit the proper antenna amps for the rns & if you need a fitter for these things, let me know.

Correct antenna amps will do the job but not 100%.

I had a concert before retrofitting the RNS-e and even after changing to the correct setup i still haven`t got a perfect signal

I suggest you revisit your setup then as it should work fine, possible faulty wire, coax, amp, even rns, suggest you try & test these things in a factory fitted rns car if available, difficult I know but anyone I've heard of whose fixed this with correct setup hasnt complained of issues since.

I had a play with the cables but nothing serious. FM reception is acceptable, nothing to worry about. No faults on VCDS either so i`m good :)

Its that i just keep getting some grey radio stations, thats all!