New Audi Owner

Scott_Hol

Reaction score
Hello People

Just been getting myself my first ever audi and am over the moon with it. (A3 2.0TDI 140) really hoping to get the maximum out of my car and reading the other forums really seems alien to me need to read up on some jargon i think. You guys will have seen these threads 100's of times but any help would be appreciated. I will be getting a map ASAP but wanted to know whether getting a map to push 180+ BHP out of my car would be a sensible option. I realise that this car only has certain capabilities with standard parts. I will be looking to get my car over the 180 eventually, but what parts would be needed if any to prevent engine, turbo and any other wear on the car.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi Scott, :sign_welcome: to ASN!

Your A3 is an 8P chassis model, so I have moved your thread to the correct forum for you. The guys here are very friendly and helpful, so any problems, ask away.

Welcome to the forum!

Which map are you going for? Revo, Bluefin, AMD? What year is your A3?
If you wanna squeeze the most power out of it you should think about getting a decatted exhaust then a hybrid turbo and a remap afterwards. A standard remap has to be adjusted if you change the turbo & the exhaust.

Hi Sailo

Thanks for the reply my A3 is a 2005 and im not really sure which map to get, what would you suggest? how much would you be talking for a decatted exaust and a hybrid turbo?

Well, congrats on the new Audi.

As for help, generally it'll be much better if you create another thread and post it up on the title aswell.

Revo map is more aggresive from what I've heard. I got bluefin and happy with it but never tried revo. As for the parts prices, don't know the exact figures, but you're roughly looking at £1.2k-1.5k for both fitted. Remap £300-400.