What a day!!!

Wozski

Reaction score
Ok so there i was trying to clean my car for the first time with clay and PB swirl remover etc etc when i opened my boot to get at the paintwork. I put my keys in the boot as i had shorts on today and yes you guessed it i closed the boot and it then locked!! (time was 12.30pm)
I thought this cant get any worse, i dont have a spare key so i had to call out my breakdown service. 3 hours later a nice chap came along and within 40 mins he managed to fish my keys from the boot and pressed the button to unlock the door!!(3.45pm)
So that was all done and finally at 7.30 this evening i finished detailing my car and i have to say im very impressed with what a clay bar does and didnt realise how much muck it removes from the car!!
So does anyone know where i can get a spare key done for a good price??
thanks all
(tired and on 3rd pint of bud now:whistle2::whistle2:)

Last edited:
Don't know what model you have but I was after a spare key for my 2006MY 2.00l TDI just two days ago !

Have been told by 3 different sources ( Audi dealer, and two VAG authorised service agents ) that the only way I can get a new key that would both unlock the car AND start it is to get one from Audi in Germany.

It will cost approx £150 and the reason is that the chip in the key fob is programmed to the chassis of the car and only Audi have the ability to program the chip ! It is possible to get the key bade cut to enter the vehicle but it won't disarm the alarm or the immobiliser. The car would not start. !

If your car is pre 2004 ( pre 8P chassis ) then you may be lucky !

Hope you are.

P.S. Unless, maybe NHN has found a way around it in which case I hope he will be able to help.

Last edited:
Thanks guys/gals
mike i hope to have some luck - im in the middle of emailing a few auto locksmiths so will wait to see if i get lucky i suppose. I have seen on here on how to program the spare key??
Watch this space!!

Hazzy Days have a key supply and coding service although it is £150, but at least you know you are getting the real deal! Im sure there must be other companies out there offfering the same service. If not, can you get a key off ebay and then have the blade cut and key programed else where.

Ok so there i was trying to clean my car for the first time with clay and PB swirl remover etc etc when i opened my boot to get at the paintwork. I put my keys in the boot as i had shorts on today and yes you guessed it i closed the boot and it then locked!! (time was 12.30pm)
I thought this cant get any worse, i dont have a spare key so i had to call out my breakdown service. 3 hours later a nice chap came along and within 40 mins he managed to fish my keys from the boot and pressed the button to unlock the door!!(3.45pm)
So that was all done and finally at 7.30 this evening i finished detailing my car and i have to say im very impressed with what a clay bar does and didnt realise how much muck it removes from the car!!
So does anyone know where i can get a spare key done for a good price??
thanks all
(tired and on 3rd pint of bud now:whistle2::whistle2:)

£150 :faint:

Just replied to your email mate :thumbs: