AH FabricationsEM Tuning

Thread: What a day!!!

2nd Gear

Status

What a day!!!

Ok so there i was trying to clean my car for the first time with clay and PB swirl remover etc etc when i opened my boot to get at the paintwork. I put my keys in the boot as i had shorts on today and yes you guessed it i closed the boot and it then locked!! (time was 12.30pm)
    I thought this cant get any worse, i dont have a spare key so i had to call out my breakdown service. 3 hours later a nice chap came along and within 40 mins he managed to fish my keys from the boot and pressed the button to unlock the door!!(3.45pm)
    So that was all done and finally at 7.30 this evening i finished detailing my car and i have to say im very impressed with what a clay bar does and didnt realise how much muck it removes from the car!!
    So does anyone know where i can get a spare key done for a good price??
    thanks all
    (tired and on 3rd pint of bud now)
    Last edited by Wozski; 5th June 2010 at 20:40.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    lol ask member NHN

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    As said above ask NHN but look at this too

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...99-new-key-fob

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

Fossie

Status
    Don't know what model you have but I was after a spare key for my 2006MY 2.00l TDI just two days ago !

Have been told by 3 different sources ( Audi dealer, and two VAG authorised service agents ) that the only way I can get a new key that would both unlock the car AND start it is to get one from Audi in Germany.

It will cost approx Ł150 and the reason is that the chip in the key fob is programmed to the chassis of the car and only Audi have the ability to program the chip ! It is possible to get the key bade cut to enter the vehicle but it won't disarm the alarm or the immobiliser. The car would not start. !

If your car is pre 2004 ( pre 8P chassis ) then you may be lucky !

Hope you are.

P.S. Unless, maybe NHN has found a way around it in which case I hope he will be able to help.
    Last edited by mike foster; 5th June 2010 at 21:19.

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks guys/gals
    mike i hope to have some luck - im in the middle of emailing a few auto locksmiths so will wait to see if i get lucky i suppose. I have seen on here on how to program the spare key??
    Watch this space!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hazzy Days have a key supply and coding service although it is Ł150, but at least you know you are getting the real deal! Im sure there must be other companies out there offfering the same service. If not, can you get a key off ebay and then have the blade cut and key programed else where.

Gievf Buckets

Status
    depends where you are located

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P5SND View Post
    depends where you are located
    South wales

Gievf Buckets

Status
    haha too far then

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods

Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P5SND View Post
    haha too far then
    whats a measly 500 miles between friends!!!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Wozski View Post
    Ok so there i was trying to clean my car for the first time with clay and PB swirl remover etc etc when i opened my boot to get at the paintwork. I put my keys in the boot as i had shorts on today and yes you guessed it i closed the boot and it then locked!! (time was 12.30pm)
    I thought this cant get any worse, i dont have a spare key so i had to call out my breakdown service. 3 hours later a nice chap came along and within 40 mins he managed to fish my keys from the boot and pressed the button to unlock the door!!(3.45pm)
    So that was all done and finally at 7.30 this evening i finished detailing my car and i have to say im very impressed with what a clay bar does and didnt realise how much muck it removes from the car!!
    So does anyone know where i can get a spare key done for a good price??
    thanks all
    (tired and on 3rd pint of bud now)
    Ł150

Just replied to your email mate :thumbs:
    A3 8P2 2.0TDI S-Line 170 SB | Brilliant Red | Full Leather | BOSE | 6 Disc Changer | None Smoking Pack | Light Interior Pack (Converted to LEDs) | Rear Parking Sensors | S3 Air Vents | S3 Mirrors - Stolen!| S3 Pedals |

Gievf Buckets

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Wozski View Post
    whats a measly 500 miles between friends!!!

haha true

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Mods