Volks AutosChris Nott
    On a journey...

Status

Upgrading a 2.0T Quattro - S3 or S-Line / Votex?

I've got a 2.0TQ Sportback that I'm very happy with - it's a great spec and colour (Garnet Red) with only 15k on the clock. I could probably stretch to a new S3 Sportback, but it feels that my 2.0TQ is 85% there already.

I'm therefore considering the following:

- S-Line front end with Votex skirts ***or*** S3 (8P) front end with S3 Sportback skirts (8P3)
    - S3 rear valance
    - S3 / other brake callipers
    - Springs and / or shocks
    - Possibly some mechanical mods

The main issue is choosing between the S-Line / Votex and S3 looks (the former is clearly cheaper!). How much am I looking at spending and would the S3 combo look a lot better than an S-Line / Votex combo?

My aim would be to keep it really subtle, since the mapped 2.0TQ is already a bit of a sleeper.
    Last edited by Ben H; 5th June 2010 at 07:24.
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic (2010) - Brilliant Red
    Technology Pack (RNSE 2, Bluetooth, 6-CD stack), BOSE, roof rails, 2 child seats and 310bhp

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    here's a few pic's of my 2.0t sport back with full votex kit fella (bar exhaust trim)

will take some better pics for you tomorrow

2nd Gear

Status
    If you can go S3 then do it! With only 15K on yours you should get a good price for it.
    S3 Sportback - Ibis White
    Factory: Privacy Glass, Cruise Control, Heated Seats, RNS-E, Bluetooth, Bose, Ipod Dock
    Modifications: Revo Stage 2+, Forge CAI, APR HPFP, Milltek TBE - H&R ARB's & Springs - TV Tuner, Reverse Camera

Wanted: Stock S3 facelift alloys

5th Gear

Status
    the votex kit looks a lot better with s-line bumpers IMO, and not just saying that because thats what i have.the votex front lip just looks a bit too stuck on. The side-skirts, rear valance and roof spoiler look good though. The roof spoiler is a lot chunkier then the s-line one and looks much better. it suites dark cars a lot better though tbh
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    If you can afford an S3 go for it! I cant so im doing the S3 conversion soon! Nothing against the Votex but prefer S3 tbh. Was going to do S Line as mines as S Line buy hey! why not S3 lol! Go on get an S3!!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben H View Post
    I've got a 2.0TQ Sportback that I'm very happy with - it's a great spec and colour (Garnet Red) with only 15k on the clock. I could probably stretch to a new S3 Sportback, but it feels that my 2.0TQ is 85% there already.

I'm therefore considering the following:

- S-Line front end with Votex skirts ***or*** S3 (8P) front end with S3 Sportback skirts (8P3)
    - S3 rear valance
    - S3 / other brake callipers
    - Springs and / or shocks
    - Possibly some mechanical mods

The main issue is choosing between the S-Line / Votex and S3 looks (the former is clearly cheaper!). How much am I looking at spending and would the S3 combo look a lot better than an S-Line / Votex combo?

My aim would be to keep it really subtle, since the mapped 2.0TQ is already a bit of a sleeper.
    My opinion and it is only my opinion is that a 2.0t quattro is about 60% away from being an S3, sure its a nice car but its no S3 and the performance difference from standard is just way to big(as is the mechanical spec of the car car, the S3 isnt just a higher powered 2.0TQ). The Votex kit did have a place and looked the business when the s-line body kit was an extra but after 2006 when the s-line exterior styling kit was added to the s-line spec as standard it kind of stands out as an extra stick on kit to an SE spec car.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.