AVUS Silver VS. Silver

Pom

Reaction score
Hi, I have A3 2.0 FSI 2004 and all my documents just says that it is in "Silver" but is this the same as "AVUS Silver"?

I'm getting a used body part which says AVUS Silver but I want to make sure that it is the right colour.

Is there anyway I can find out for sure? Thanks.

Avus Silver and Silver are two different colours. Avus Silver is quite blue next to Silver metalic.
A good way to see the difference is look at Ice Silver compared to Monza Silver in the current brochure which is online at Audi.co.uk

Audi do a fair few silvers that aren't really silver though so really you need the paint code
This is my Avus silver paint code LY7J
DSC00456.jpg

Avus is also an S-line exclusive colour too so that might answer your question anyway!
This is a good link for the paint codes although it's not exhaustive
http://www.cardata.com/spoilers/Car_Paint_Colors/Audi_paint_codes.htm

Have a look in your boot where the spare wheel is. There will be a sticker with the colour code on it. There will also be a sticker with the code at the front of your service book.

If your car really is just "silver" aka 'Light Silver Metallic' then your code will be LY7W.
And as mentioned above, Avus Silver is LY7J, so the part won't match your car.

I dont think they did Avus silver in 2004. Avus is a very rare colour on an A3. They tend to be either "Silver" or "Akoya Silver"

Avus is inbetween the 2, Akoya is more bluey than Avus and I would suggest Avus is a bit more of a steel colour than the normal bright silver.

This is my old TT which was Avus silver

100_0337noplate.jpg

this is my current A3 which is Akoya silver

a3a.jpg

slightly different

I dont think they did Avus silver in 2004. Avus is a very rare colour on an A3. They tend to be either "Silver" or "Akoya Silver"

Avus is inbetween the 2, Akoya is more bluey than Avus and I would suggest Avus is a bit more of a steel colour than the normal bright silver.

Mines Avus Silver on an 04 plate, and yea seems to be pretty rare on the A3 - cant say i've seen another in the flesh