Would you sell a S3 stock or keep that parts on?

waring192

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Bit a crazy day...been offered a 04 Noble M12 at a stupidly low price from a relative.

I highly doubt I would do it but im toying with the idea. Sell 08 S3 and buy Noble & cheap A3 diesel.

So while im going through the sums, what would be best, strip the parts or not?

Cheers

Strip every time!!!! Dont give someone good parts we might want lol!

Sad to see it go though! Would you be happy with a daily diesel?????

I would strip the parts every time. Atleast it allows you to recoup some of the money you have spent. Have you driven the noble yet??

i was at a track day 2 years ago, took a Murcielago and 360 modena for a spin, they had a noble M12 Gto their, reckon it would have raped both round the track no doubt. twin turbo mondeo- v6 sounded the bomb too,

Also need to clarify, its possible but not concrete so there will be no huge stage 2+ sale as yet.

Never strip parts, whats the point of fitting then taking of, the time & cost of removal isnt worth the gain tbh, enjoy your car & sell it as is IMHO & thats what I've always done as you will never get your money back whichever way you go with offloading your motor, plus you lose money of the sale price if you remove goodies, problem is most people dont count there time as cost.

Old phrase: Time = Money - no matter which way you cut it, whether yours or garages, it all costs & again IMHO you dont benefit overall.

Never strip parts, whats the point of fitting then taking of, the time & cost of removal isnt worth the gain tbh, enjoy your car & sell it as is IMHO & thats what I've always done as you will never get your money back whichever way you go with offloading your motor, plus you lose money of the sale price if you remove goodies, problem is most people dont count there time as cost.

Old phrase: Time = Money - no matter which way you cut it, whether yours or garages, it all costs & again IMHO you dont benefit overall.

Interesting point of view. But with parts being so new and having all the originals?

dont listen to him lol!

Just dont rush into anything, be sure you are doing the right thing as your car is very special! But if its time for a change then go for it. I've never sold a car for much more with extras on it so always stripped before selling as it made no real difference!

I would take the bits off and flog it i the Noble is for good ££.

Be aware that they are unreliable though!!!

I would take the bits off and flog it i the Noble is for good ££.

Be aware that they are unreliable though!!!

Hence the need for a second car, Im not rushing in, he has only offered it and in not intending to put in out the open market.

James what are you doing mate .
The noble is built in a shed with old ford parts .
Yes its fast but really give up a S3 for a kit car come on james .
in my book your taking a step backwards mate .

This is something that I have been asking myself though no intentions to selling the car for a while, but 2 questions really, does selling it with added parts help to sell it, I bet not, or telling people you have done things to it to boost the performance, or take it all off and do not say anything hence for me it would make me feel a little guilty, as lets face it wheat ever performance enhancements you have added for sure must shorten it's component life, and I bet some people would not buy it if they knew.

nobles are serious cars, you would def need a daily driver.... i wouldnt say its a step down, they are fantastic car makers too! Look at the new m600 its the absolute dogs!... its prob gonna rip the pants off most supercars bar they Veyron,Gumpert and T1... http://vehiclepassion.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/1.jpg

imo they are very different cars, i want to own a noble at some point as i think in terms of small track car they offer the best looks/performance... (and please dont say oh but a MK/Caterham/Westfield are quicker) cause thats not what im saying..... i say go for it! you can always sell it and buy another S3 especially if your buying the Noble cheap and selling yours at a good price.....

Interesting point of view. But with parts being so new and having all the originals?

Nope, I always dispose of originals, whats the point in taking up space for old parts, when you upgraded these for a reason, you mod, have your fun then get another & do the same, I cant be ***** to remove all my mods just to grab a few quid here & there, pointless exercise IMHO & a complete & utter pita, just sell as is, makes it more attractive to others, as tbh mate how many of your car type are for sale, need it to stand out from the crowd (in a good way that is :p ) so it has better chance of selling quicker.

Probably why I got a premium on my S3 8L & my S4 B6 Avant, both went for more than there market values tbh, take from that what you will.

If there is a ready market for the parts, take them off. If i sold my car tomorrow, Audi are not going to give me a penny more for the FBMF wheel or rnse....they will just put it out to trade anyway. It would take me an hour to swop those bits back and thats £800...As NHN says time is money......lol
As for performance parts ?? well if you leave them on keep quiet because i for one would not want to buy someone elses stage 2 car and then as Brett says...you have to live with your conscience either way if selling it as one lady owner/ Sunday run around.

ps.............I tried the 2 bike thing once...you know, a run around and scare yourself silly thing...fact is you tend to always take the best of the 2 and the other stays at home. I ended up selling the run about...never used it.

****** dont know what happened to my post there on edit, anyway.

Yes, but you'd have to be a fool to sell that type of car back to audi in the 1st place, as its common knowledge dealers will rape your butt overall anyway, never sold a car back to a dealer, always private & my last 3 through pistonheads where people value mods & see the worth in these things, which is why I leave the mods on there.

Thing is, yes remove your fbmfsw & your rns-e etc etc, but how much do you lose of the selling price for removing these & also people would look at it & see it as everyother identical car on the market, gotta make it raise an eyebrow to attract a would be buyer, its swings & roundabouts, plus your time aswell :p

Oooohhhh uhhhh

careys_mankini.jpg

Everytime I post that pic Paul isnt far around the corner lmfao, come on Paul havnt posted it for ages, its ritual now mate

Strip them, the stage 2 + parts and suspension mods on my car are worth Approx £1,500 on their own, the standard parts are stored at my Tuners (Statller) so to me its a no brainer, I put the car back to standard everytime but then again I tend to PX rather than private sale so this can make a difference, when I was thinking of going down the RS4 route the dealer took a look at my car with the nice shiny BBS CH on and said have you got the original wheels ? We may value certain items/mods but the dealers want standard stock with zero complications especially on newer cars.

I have often though about buying a weekend toy and a daily derv but it's just not me, I like to drive one car for everything, can see why it would be attractive though, good luck with your decision.
/