215/35/18

r3stu

Reaction score
Is anyone running 215/35/18 tyres? I currently have 225/40/18 on the car, but I have been offered these tyres cheap,

Will i notice much handling differences? I am also wanting to put coilovers on the car soon so will these tyres help reduce any rubbing?

If anyone has pictures please post

Cheers

well to start with youll have less contact area on the road, ride will no doubt be harsher and i think it will make the wheels look bigger but smaller in the arch...

I plan to go very low with coilovers so they shouldnt look that small in the arch?

Looks, But i do not want the car to handle dangerously

Too skinny. Will look wrong, and won't do handling any favours.

Depending on your wheels, 225/40 shouldn't rub too bad when lowered.

I am already lowered 50mm on springs but there is still a gap, Was wondering if I would be better changing to 19s instead off coilovers though? this might reduce the gap

They are 8J Cheers, It has got me thinking though maybe they acctually will look small in the arch even after lowering?

I am already lowered 50mm on springs but there is still a gap, Was wondering if I would be better changing to 19s instead off coilovers though? this might reduce the gap

Running skinnier tyres will make the gap look bigger, rather than smaller. If you want to fill that gap, you need coilovers in your life.

Does anyone know If I will be able to drop the car enough on 18s with coilovers so there is no gap? Or will I need to move to 19s?

Cheers

225/40/18 = diameter 25.08 inch
215/35/18 = diameter 23.926 inch. you gona lose 1 inch overall diameter and the ride will be harsh and less tire = less grip

Mine is on 18" BBS Ch with 215/35/18 on them and it handles fine and mine is lowered by about 100 all round now...

Unless lowered to the max as above, they will just look like rubber bands. One bonus is they actually look more like 19s lol. Also, IMO slightly stretched tyres look good from the front or rear 3/4 a bit like above, but from the rear they look daft (too thin).

1" difference in rolling diameter is massive too. A few mm here and there is normally what you aim to stay within. But going down to a narrower tyre AND lower profile means its a lot different.