Lwoering a 2.0TDi (140)

LSH

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am looking at lowering a 2004 (8p) A3 2.0TDi 140 Sport. However I have a few questions...

Firstly Is there a limit that I can drop the car before I encounter issues (such as the front ARB rubbing/banging)?

The car is currently on 95k miles, so I am going to be changing the shock and springs, but can anyone advise of a well priced setup that is good quality looking to lower another 20-30mm on top of the sport setup, so circa 30-40mm in total (coilovers are to be avoided due to cost).

Finally, I am going to change the top-mounts, bearings, relevant bolts...is there anything else I should look at changing?

Thanks all in advance for your help,
Luke

I used Eibach sportlines -50mm
The stance is perfect
However i left my standard shocks on so it is rubbing a bit!!
So i reccomend them springs, but definately get better shocks!"!

i have H&R 35mm on standard shock, no pobs!

Got any pics so we can see how low it is?

I ask as ive got a s line and have been thinking of using them springs but wasnt sure the extra 10mm was worth it.

Hi all,
I am looking at lowering a 2004 (8p) A3 2.0TDi 140 Sport. However I have a few questions...

Firstly Is there a limit that I can drop the car before I encounter issues (such as the front ARB rubbing/banging)?

The car is currently on 95k miles, so I am going to be changing the shock and springs, but can anyone advise of a well priced setup that is good quality looking to lower another 20-30mm on top of the sport setup, so circa 30-40mm in total (coilovers are to be avoided due to cost).

Finally, I am going to change the top-mounts, bearings, relevant bolts...is there anything else I should look at changing?

Thanks all in advance for your help,
Luke

What size wheels are you running?

Got any pics so we can see how low it is?

I ask as ive got a s line and have been thinking of using them springs but wasnt sure the extra 10mm was worth it.

before:
rear%20beforeb.jpg

after:
rear%20afterb.jpg