Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
    2nd Gear

Status

Thinking of selling

I'm getting a bit bored of the A3 after 4 months which is around the usual time (i get bored too easily).

Now i'm supposed to be getting some new style RS6s which i've been wanting for a while and these would give me back some interest in the car for another few weeks and i'd sell my current wheels so they wouldn't really cost me much.

I've had prety much most hot hatches and a few nice cars in my price range (can't afford Porches, etc) so i'm running out of ideas on a replacement. I have been browsing the internet and came upon a few Pug 207GTis (175bhp) which seem cheap as chips - i know they're french but i can trade my car (2006 TDi S-Line, 44k) for a 2007, 57 plate, 19k, immaculate with the 1k option pack (tints, rev sensors, etc) and get 1k cash back
    so a car 1.5 years newer, 25k less miles, factory warranty - would you do it?
    2.0 TDi 140 S-Line With - S3 Vents l S3 Alloy Pedals l S3 Gearknob I Aero Rear Wiper l X-Treme Bulbs l 09 Rear Lights l Custom Floormats l 18" TTS reps l LCR Splitter I Facelift Stereo

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    207 GTI doesnt deserve the badge not that much sharper then your /our A3 for a 'lightweight' hot hatch and certainly not that fast.
    Plus it has a shyt interior. If you can afford the insurance what about an S2000? many nice ones for less then your cars worth.
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    No sorry I wouldnt.

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

Gievf Buckets

Status
    yes dependant on colour and condition

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

Gievf Buckets

Status
    misread no, french cars are horribly designed and i hate working on tehm, the quality of the build is very poor and everything is an afterthought

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods

Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

3rd Gear

Status
    No. End of discussion.
    Audi TT - 2.0TFSI - Ibis White

3rd Gear

Status
    As a mechanic that often works on these,yes they can be "fun" to drive but if you get board with the s3 quickly i will give you 2 weeks with the pug!
    James
    Silver Audi 8L S3
    97 Fireblade fully restored ...just for summer!
    My old Corrado VR6 Turbo... Click me for the build DIY style!
    and many many cars and bikes in the past!!

2nd Gear

Status
    A big fat..............NO
    Porsche 996TT
    A3 Sportback, 2.0 TDI, 170bhp S-Tronic
    S3 SB BE, Suzuka Grey -Sold

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P5SND View Post
    yes dependant on colour and condition
    Got worried about you for a sec then Phil, luckily you put your glasses on lol! phew!!!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

Gievf Buckets

Status
    haha just a bit rundown im on holiday this week though dash is back in and ill test my old bi-xenons tomorrow hopefully, if they're 100% theyre up for grabs to members, its looking like ill need the cash to fund the new ones as its looking more and more like ive gotta buy them from audi

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Mods

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    haha just a bit rundown im on holiday this week though dash is back in and ill test my old bi-xenons tomorrow hopefully, if they're 100% theyre up for grabs to members, its looking like ill need the cash to fund the new ones as its looking more and more like ive gotta buy them from audi
    Ouch! not cheap!

On holiday!!!! again! lol, get that car finished! nd some more pics!

2nd Gear

Status
    so it's a YES from everyone

the 207 is in silver, totally immaculate

and i bought this last week (brand spanker) - going back to dealer tommorow as gearbox is buggered

2.0 TDi 140 S-Line With - S3 Vents l S3 Alloy Pedals l S3 Gearknob I Aero Rear Wiper l X-Treme Bulbs l 09 Rear Lights l Custom Floormats l 18" TTS reps l LCR Splitter I Facelift Stereo

Gievf Buckets

Status
    the latest ones were of the front end fitted, car is going to the paintshop so no moar till it comes back, well skirts etc are off and will be getting some hand paint restoration on them other than that it will be a long 2-3 weeks

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Mods

Gievf Buckets

Status
    also nice bike, but are you seriously buying from arnold clark...god help you lol

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Mods

2nd Gear

Status
    also nice bike, but are you seriously buying from arnold clark...god help you lol
    why? are they that bad

Gievf Buckets

Status
    having seen the way they put cars on thier lot sometimes without even cleaning them or without a checkover, think theres a site dedicatedited to how rubbish they are

http://www.arnoldclark.multiservers.com/

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Mods

A3

Status
    Seriously drive the Pug first. You'll notice the difference. Audi is a class drive. If ya bored with yours and want more performance get yours re mapped. Mine makes me smile all the time. Think about it that French rubbish will depriciate badly to.
    Regards

3rd Gear

Status
    So... the bike -> Yes Yes

The car? -> No no
    FOR SALE:

RNS-e 2013 DVD, BK Version, NOT unit, DVD disc

Steering ECU : 1k0 953 549 AH, ideal for Cruise Control retrofit

6th Gear

Status
    If you want something small and fun and will hold its value get a Cooper S works, stay away from the French!..............The French however do make very good engines, diesels in particular.
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

5th Gear

Status
    I am also thinking about changing my quality S3 for another piece of **** "hot hatch". I am thinking of the pre-facelift Cinqucento Sporting in custard yellow. I can get 20k on trade in and buy the Fiat for a bag of sand.

Anyone else think I am totaly f@ckin insane.............

(PS - the bike is really awesome!! - what on earth makes you thing the French heap of **** will entertain you for more than 3 mins as you drive it off the forecourt while watching all your money disappear down the drain??)
    "Dont get me wrong. Ugly girls need loving. Just not by me."

5th Gear

Status
    I would actually consider the 207 Gti over the A3, yes build qualitly won't be as good but it will be a dam site quicker and probably more fun.
    Gone A3 TDi S Line DSG Bluefined

Now Seat Leon Cupra about to be Bluefined

2nd Gear

Status
    Well dealer phoned today to see what i'm doing about the Pug - i told him all of you (except Steve) said it was crap so i wasn't having it

seriously though he phoned and i said i wanted 1300 in cash + the Pug and he said he wouldn't even ask his boss as he wouldn't do it - phew, got out of that

i'll stick some new wheels on the Ardi which'll keep me interested for another few weeks

S3 (8P)

Status
    If is HAS to be a small French hatch then the Clio Sport (later model) is the one to have IMO.
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

2nd Gear

Status
    I had a Clio Dynamic S last year, very basic inside (worse than Pug), lots of problems
    mate has a 192 F1 and hates it, says it's too uncomfortable to drive - he bought it without a test drive and said later if he'd driven it before then he wouldn't have bought it

S3 (8P)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by robby View Post
    I had a Clio Dynamic S last year, very basic inside (worse than Pug), lots of problems
    mate has a 192 F1 and hates it, says it's too uncomfortable to drive - he bought it without a test drive and said later if he'd driven it before then he wouldn't have bought it
    Keep the A3 and remap it

Good luck
    Paul
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....