Thinking of selling

robby

Reaction score
I'm getting a bit bored of the A3 after 4 months which is around the usual time (i get bored too easily).

Now i'm supposed to be getting some new style RS6s which i've been wanting for a while and these would give me back some interest in the car for another few weeks and i'd sell my current wheels so they wouldn't really cost me much.

I've had prety much most hot hatches and a few nice cars in my price range (can't afford Porches, etc) so i'm running out of ideas on a replacement. I have been browsing the internet and came upon a few Pug 207GTis (175bhp) which seem cheap as chips - i know they're french but i can trade my car (2006 TDi S-Line, 44k) for a 2007, 57 plate, 19k, immaculate with the £1k option pack (tints, rev sensors, etc) and get 1k cash back :w00t:
so a car 1.5 years newer, 25k less miles, factory warranty - would you do it?

207 GTI doesnt deserve the badge not that much sharper then your /our A3 for a 'lightweight' hot hatch and certainly not that fast.
Plus it has a shyt interior. If you can afford the insurance what about an S2000? many nice ones for less then your cars worth.

misread no, french cars are horribly designed and i hate working on tehm, the quality of the build is very poor and everything is an afterthought

As a mechanic that often works on these,yes they can be "fun" to drive but if you get board with the s3 quickly i will give you 2 weeks with the pug!

haha just a bit rundown im on holiday this week though dash is back in and ill test my old bi-xenons tomorrow hopefully, if they're 100% theyre up for grabs to members, its looking like ill need the cash to fund the new ones as its looking more and more like ive gotta buy them from audi :(

haha just a bit rundown im on holiday this week though dash is back in and ill test my old bi-xenons tomorrow hopefully, if they're 100% theyre up for grabs to members, its looking like ill need the cash to fund the new ones as its looking more and more like ive gotta buy them from audi :(

Ouch! not cheap!

On holiday!!!! again! lol, get that car finished! nd some more pics!

so it's a YES from everyone :yes:

the 207 is in silver, totally immaculate

f.jpg

and i bought this last week (brand spanker) - going back to dealer tommorow as gearbox is ******** :(

100_0511.jpg

the latest ones were of the front end fitted, car is going to the paintshop so no moar till it comes back, well skirts etc are off and will be getting some hand paint restoration on them other than that it will be a long 2-3 weeks

also nice bike, but are you seriously buying from arnold clark...god help you lol

Seriously drive the Pug first. You'll notice the difference. Audi is a class drive. If ya bored with yours and want more performance get yours re mapped. Mine makes me smile all the time. Think about it that French rubbish will depriciate badly to.
Regards

If you want something small and fun and will hold its value get a Cooper S works, stay away from the French!..............The French however do make very good engines, diesels in particular.

I am also thinking about changing my quality S3 for another piece of **** "hot hatch". I am thinking of the pre-facelift Cinqucento Sporting in custard yellow. I can get 20k on trade in and buy the Fiat for a bag of sand.

Anyone else think I am totaly f@ckin insane.............

(PS - the bike is really awesome!! - what on earth makes you thing the French heap of **** will entertain you for more than 3 mins as you drive it off the forecourt while watching all your money disappear down the drain??)

I would actually consider the 207 Gti over the A3, yes build qualitly won't be as good but it will be a dam site quicker and probably more fun.

Well dealer phoned today to see what i'm doing about the Pug - i told him all of you (except Steve) said it was crap so i wasn't having it :laugh:

seriously though he phoned and i said i wanted £1300 in cash + the Pug and he said he wouldn't even ask his boss as he wouldn't do it - phew, got out of that

i'll stick some new wheels on the Ardi which'll keep me interested for another few weeks :)

If is HAS to be a small French hatch then the Clio Sport (later model) is the one to have IMO.

I had a Clio Dynamic S last year, very basic inside (worse than Pug), lots of problems :(
mate has a 192 F1 and hates it, says it's too uncomfortable to drive - he bought it without a test drive and said later if he'd driven it before then he wouldn't have bought it

I had a Clio Dynamic S last year, very basic inside (worse than Pug), lots of problems :(
mate has a 192 F1 and hates it, says it's too uncomfortable to drive - he bought it without a test drive and said later if he'd driven it before then he wouldn't have bought it

Keep the A3 and remap it:o.k:

Good luck
Paul