A couple of newbie Questions

red or dead

Reaction score
Hi,

I should be picking up my A3 tdi 170 s line '07 tomorrow and just have a couple of questions.

Which diesel does eveveryone use, I'm used to using only V Power (petrol) in my current car as it does make a difference and I get more mpg, but does everyone just use any diesel or is a certain brand best?

Also I got the autoglym treatment on the A3 and Audi say I'll only have to wash the car down to keep up to it, no waxing/polishing etc, how true is this?

Thanks in advance

M

q1

yeah differences have been prooven however a well maintained engine will do just the same, that being said the s3 will be getting nothing but v-power i havent heard much about the diesel vpower and personally imho the gains do not justify the cost but i love my car so i fork out. i can see some real benifits of using the v-power diesel though as removing any form of contaminent form a diesel engine is a big plus, what type of miles do you do? ie mixed carriageway or town

q2

never, never never never. and tbh youre always far cheaper going diy on the polishes and waxes, not when it comes to scratch removal i give my car 3 coats of polish and 2 of wax at least every quarter but the wax really wont last much longer than 6 months mate

Thanks P5SND,

I usually do town driving through the week and a mix of everything at the weekends.

theres the feedback id say its deffinately worth it if youre doing mostly town miles stops everything getting clogged