Chris NottAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

A couple of newbie Questions

Hi,

I should be picking up my A3 tdi 170 s line '07 tomorrow and just have a couple of questions.

Which diesel does eveveryone use, I'm used to using only V Power (petrol) in my current car as it does make a difference and I get more mpg, but does everyone just use any diesel or is a certain brand best?

Also I got the autoglym treatment on the A3 and Audi say I'll only have to wash the car down to keep up to it, no waxing/polishing etc, how true is this?

Thanks in advance

M

2. # ADS
    ADS

Gievf Buckets

Status
    q1

yeah differences have been prooven however a well maintained engine will do just the same, that being said the s3 will be getting nothing but v-power i havent heard much about the diesel vpower and personally imho the gains do not justify the cost but i love my car so i fork out. i can see some real benifits of using the v-power diesel though as removing any form of contaminent form a diesel engine is a big plus, what type of miles do you do? ie mixed carriageway or town

q2

never, never never never. and tbh youre always far cheaper going diy on the polishes and waxes, not when it comes to scratch removal i give my car 3 coats of polish and 2 of wax at least every quarter but the wax really wont last much longer than 6 months mate

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

Neutral

Status
    Thanks P5SND,

I usually do town driving through the week and a mix of everything at the weekends.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    I use V-Power diesel, deffo performs better.

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Gievf Buckets

Status
    theres the feedback id say its deffinately worth it if youre doing mostly town miles stops everything getting clogged

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.