HID kit Upgrade: Installed on my 10' A3.

xnox202

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Installed my HID 6000k (H11) on the fog lights. Enjoy the pics:

DSC01348.jpg

DSC01349.jpg

DSC01354.jpg

DSC01357.jpg

DSC01359.jpg

DSC01360.jpg

Installation was pretty straightforward. I went with this kit. No code cancellers (which I thought I should get initially) and somehow it didn't went up on the dash which is a plus I supposed. Took about 10-15 minutes for each side.

If anyone's wondering, the 6000k bulbs doesn't quite match the DRLs as they give more white/blue-hint lighting as opposed to white/purplish colour on the DRL. Can't wait for these fogs to match my 6000k D3S bulbs. Got them ordered already. :thumbup:

Good job mate! ..Just quick question, how do you remove the fog grill? just pull it off?

Leave him alone. lol

mate where are you getting your d3s upgrade bulbs from? or are you only upgrading the hid kit?

Hi Mate,

From where did you get your number plate LED bulbs ??

Thanks

Leads me to my next question then

Why? Just for looks?

Maybe, lol. I don't see a point for foglights in the first place ever since it was invented anyway. Do you? :D

mate where are you getting your d3s upgrade bulbs from? or are you only upgrading the hid kit?

eBay. I'm getting the D3S upgrade bulbs. Here: Link

Hi Mate,

From where did you get your number plate LED bulbs ??

Thanks
My local supermarket really, lol. Go figure, :think:

Cheers mate .. Ive tried couple with and without resistors but they all give dash errors .. hence the reason i asked .. anyways thanks:think:

Sal

My local supermarket really, lol. Go figure, :think:[/QUOTE]

let me know how you get on with the upgrade xenons as soon as you can as i may just skip out buying plain d3s and go straight to 6000k bulbs

Cheers mate .. Ive tried couple with and without resistors but they all give dash errors .. hence the reason i asked .. anyways thanks:think:

Sal

My local supermarket really, lol. Go figure, :think:

Well you can try the 25ohm 10w load resistors and see if that helps for you. I'm currently running 150ohms on each LEDs, works a treat.

let me know how you get on with the upgrade xenons as soon as you can as i may just skip out buying plain d3s and go straight to 6000k bulbs

I already have the xenons and afaik the stockies are 4300k D3S. Too yellow-ish for my liking! :p

yeah i think they are 4300 mateany chances of pics with them on the headlights?