This is really bad but..........

Lee_R

Reaction score
My brothers got an A3 Black Edition as a courtesy car this morning (strange because its a VW dealer) However it has lots of tasty bits that would look nice on mine

Chrome Vents
Silver edged mats
New rear lights (have some old ones in my shed)

Question is, shall I dare swap them before it goes back? :unsure::busted_cop::busted_cop::unsure:

.............I think they would notice the FBMFSW going missing!:yes:

I've always wondered this, as the "checks" that they do on the cars are pretty much a walk around it and that's it

TBH, not really worth the hassle is it?

ive thought bout doing this on a couple occasions... wanted a fresh fbsw, mats from another s3 i had. bottled it every time, even though theyd have prob never noticed!! i always hoped id get a s3 with buckets in so i could do the swap haha!!

I nearly swapped the facelift lights over, but when i did, the rear just looked odd, so i swapped em back :laugh:

Its tempting I tell you but I dont think I can do it. I keep thinking of the poor sod who might buy it as a used car in the next few months and find out its missing some bits!

Its tempting I tell you but I dont think I can do it. I keep thinking of the poor sod who might buy it as a used car in the next few months and find out its missing some bits!

Not worried about that, just worried about them doing stuff to my car next time i take it into them

I take their rear lights, they take....my engine or something

People used to do this with Ford Mustang Hertz Rent-A-Cars, except they'd swap the whole engine!
They'd take the 289CI or bigger v8 from the Shelby GT350 rental and shove there crappy v8 or Straight 6 into the rental lol./

I wonder how many of the thieves who would do this are also the kind of "decent" people who get pee'd off about:

1) people damaging your parked car in a carpark/street/etc and driving off without having the decency to leave their details.
2) a teenaged tech taking your car that's in for a service for a few mile "spin" to buy his BLT at lunchtime.
3) people buying nicked stuff off of ebay.

"Do as I say" springs to mind.

So yeah, keep pulling bits off of cars that aren't yours while I look forward to the coming days where Audi only offer courtesy BMX's while our cars are in for work because they are fed up of people returning their cars MINUS 2.0 TFSI engine, PLUS 1.6 XR2i engine.

PS: OP, if your bro's courtesy car has an armrest I'll have that. Cheers.

I wonder how many of the thieves who would do this are also the kind of "decent" people who get pee'd off about:

1) people damaging your parked car in a carpark/street/etc and driving off without having the decency to leave their details.
2) a teenaged tech taking your car that's in for a service for a few mile "spin" to buy his BLT at lunchtime.
3) people buying nicked stuff off of ebay.

"Do as I say" springs to mind.

So yeah, keep pulling bits off of cars that aren't yours while I look forward to the coming days where Audi only offer courtesy BMX's while our cars are in for work because they are fed up of people returning their cars MINUS 2.0 TFSI engine, PLUS 1.6 XR2i engine.

PS: OP, if your bro's courtesy car has an armrest I'll have that. Cheers.

+1 (minus armrest comment as they are for old people)

If VW can afford to pay their CEO £25m a year, don't think they notice a set of misplaced air vents :ninja::laugh:

By that logic if you can afford 'a whole car' then you wont notice a mising set of dustcaps.

You have to laugh....Someone nicks some S3 mirrors off your car and you want to kill them...And then you contemplate nicking someone's mats lights and vents on the grounds they are rich so can afford it. Jeez ! ****** speechless !!

Hmmm this is a hard one... the vents maybe could get away with... i think you would get caught with the FBMFSW and the rear lights... but i can totally understand your temption :)

Just to update you, I didnt do it! Hadnt got the balls!

I was hoping you were going to say. I didnt do it..."I have a conscience"

I would have done it, I see it like reaching to the back of the fridge in TESCO and taking the freshest milk. leaving the stuff at the front for people who don't care, or them to sell at a reduced price.

I would have done it, I see it like reaching to the back of the fridge in TESCO and taking the freshest milk. leaving the stuff at the front for people who don't care, or them to sell at a reduced price.

If i see your car in the car park i will have your mirrors and rear lights. I know it wouldn't bother you, easy come easy go A? I might even key it...good excuse for getting the insurance to do a respray

I take it you still pay for the fresh milk you have taken from the back, yes?
Well there, my pilfering friend, is the difference.

It's theft.... Not sure I would want N8 detailing my car if he sees that as fair cop! (no offence intended..)

Also if you were going to steal something maybe it might be an idea to keep hush hush about it and not advertise the fact on a public forum! No wonder some of the dealers are edgy lending cars to some people!

Cmon people relax.

I truly believe than nobody around here would ACTUALLY do such a thing , which i also call theft.

It`s just an idea saying "hell yeah i would do it" but nobody actually goes for it

Just think of it as telling your mates that you slept with 3 different women last night. You could(?), but you never will :eiertritt:

The yanks have a term for folk like that "douche-bag" I think it's a good fit.

Though I'm not gonna be buying any milk from the front of the shelf, all the way at the back to gain a few extra hours on the best before date... That's perfectly alright.

Cmon people relax.

I truly believe than nobody around here would ACTUALLY do such a thing , which i also call theft.

It`s just an idea saying "hell yeah i would do it" but nobody actually goes for it

Just think of it as telling your mates that you slept with 3 different women last night. You could(?), but you never will :eiertritt:

I've done it A NUMBER OF TIMES

Quite like the idea that you are announcing your potential criminal activity on a public forum and also giving your location too (assuming it to be correct). That might help the police actually solve some crime...

Hmmmmm

BusterBehindBars.jpg

Quite like the idea that you are announcing your potential criminal activity on a public forum and also giving your location too (assuming it to be correct). That might help the police actually solve some crime...

and you would be right........If the crime had actually took place! :)