EM TuningChris Nott
    Gears of War

Status

cool, the RS4 grille mod without weird bonnet gap

Decided all the shiny reflective chrome should be replaced with angry black and gun metal!

I also realize (a bit late, yes) That suzka grau goes way better with this subtle light/dark contrast.

Maldon car body did another great job on the RS4 grill, somehow they have managed to omit the strange bonnet gap related to rs4/a3 mods.

If your wondering why I did not just get the rs6 grill, its because my car isnt the 10' s3 front so the rs4 grille is kinda good enough for it. Also the rs6 grille is twice the price.

Last edited by PregnantNproud; 31st May 2010 at 20:38.
    "Its not so much that I set out to make an S3, its just I think the S3 is the best body kit for an A3."

2. # ADS
    ADS

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    are those wheels done in darker color? can you post some side shots??
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    loving the look of the grill, I was going to go the RS6 but if this is cheaper and looks just as good! hmmmmm food for thought to see if I can get it to fit! Car is looking fantastic, good job!
    Last edited by Sarah's A3; 31st May 2010 at 22:11.

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

1st Gear

Status
    car is looking great , loveing the colour of wheels
    finishes it off a treat

tku
    3rd Gear

Status
    Sorry but I'm not impressed with the runway tires ..Car looks good though..well done!.

Gears of War

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah's A3 View Post
    loving the look of the grill, I was going to go the RS6 but if this is cheaper and looks just as good! hmmmmm food for thought to see if I can get it to fit! Car is looking fantastic, good job!
    Thanks Sarah and her A3! Yea the rs6 does look a bit better but its not worth the extra 160 odd quid. As i said if i had the 2010 s3 front then i'd consider the rs6 mod.

You will need to fit the rs6 mesh into your existing surround. Not sure about compatibility with a3 bumpers and rs4 grilles but as you can see its possible with s3 bumpers.
    Last edited by PregnantNproud; 1st June 2010 at 02:44.
    "Its not so much that I set out to make an S3, its just I think the S3 is the best body kit for an A3."

Gears of War

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tku View Post
    Sorry but I'm not impressed with the runway tires ..Car looks good though..well done!.
    I'm not impressed either - dw about that! Thanks tho man. I;d of liked the alloys a little lighter but...

Gears of War

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S. View Post
    are those wheels done in darker color? can you post some side shots??

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Does it sit perfectly flush?

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

6th Gear

Status
    Great job, looks OEM, Better than most of the mesh attempts I've seen thats for sure!

Has the grille surround been sanded down and painted brushed silver then? I assume the RS4 surround is a different shape?
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    lovely wheel color! pefrect job! car looks perfect!!
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

1st Gear

Status
    Cool mod, any idea how your garage managed to omit the strange bonnet gap?

Car is looking gorjussss

You going to any meets this year at all? e38? Would like to see this car in real life!

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PregnantNproud View Post
    Thanks Sarah and her A3! Yea the rs6 does look a bit better but its not worth the extra 160 odd quid. As i said if i had the 2010 s3 front then i'd consider the rs6 mod.

You will need to fit the rs6 mesh into your existing surround. Not sure about compatibility with a3 bumpers and rs4 grilles but as you can see its possible with s3 bumpers.
    Yes I can see and it looks good and will be trying this when I put S3 bumpers on mine soon. Cheers

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

Interior Next!!

Status
    looks the muts nuts... wheel colour is wiked!! perfect for ibis/suzuka.....

the grill is absolutley sick, i prefer it to rs6 i think... ive been considering this for a while, id like to match my grill surround to my mirrors and change the two audi badges to matt alu too...

will i get the same snug fit with the 8p3 s3 front end??
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

Gears of War

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Does it sit perfectly flush?
    Against the bumper? No i do believe the surround is a little raised from being flush with the bumper.

But now you mention it, I can't remember if the s3 surround sat flush with the bumper. Either way, it does not look bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee_R View Post
    Great job, looks OEM, Better than most of the mesh attempts I've seen thats for sure!

Has the grille surround been sanded down and painted brushed silver then? I assume the RS4 surround is a different shape?
    Yes, the rs4 surround is considerably larger than the s3 one. That is my s3 surround sanded and painted, as well as the audi rings.

Quote Originally Posted by v1raj View Post
    Cool mod, any idea how your garage managed to omit the strange bonnet gap?

Car is looking gorjussss

You going to any meets this year at all? e38? Would like to see this car in real life!
    I'll have to pull my finger out and start checking when meets are cause I don't want to miss the next one!

I have no idea how they did that, i'll have to ask them.

Quote Originally Posted by S3RYE View Post
    looks the muts nuts... wheel colour is wiked!! perfect for ibis/suzuka.....

the grill is absolutley sick, i prefer it to rs6 i think... ive been considering this for a while, id like to match my grill surround to my mirrors and change the two audi badges to matt alu too...

will i get the same snug fit with the 8p3 s3 front end??
    I take it your talking about the latest s3 front end? Trimming here and there is required to fit an rs4 grille on any a3 so I'd imagine if your careful you can certainly achieve just as snug a fit.
    Last edited by PregnantNproud; 1st June 2010 at 14:02.

1st Gear

Status
    You will need to fit the rs6 mesh into your existing surround.
    Are you 100% that the mesh needs trimming to fit the surround? From what I understand you have to trim from the whole rs6 grill to fit. I want to do the rs6 mod, and need more details...
    At your case, the gap isn't there because you fitted it to the S3 bumper... All other attemps where on s-line bumpers... The S3 grill is different shape than the normal/sline A3's

6th Gear

Status
    nice work!

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    I love it... looks really nice, and i love your lights... did you manage to get the error sorted?
    what happened with the S3 grill? do you still have it? i wouldnt mind pinching the chrome bits from it
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

Gievf Buckets

Status
    am i the only one who thinks this looks terrible as it clearly doesnt fit properly nothing seems to line up properly and looks forced in in addition to this the horrible different grill pattern behind the rings looks naff and to finalise it all it seems to portrude the bumper. summed up get back in the nova mate

that being said its a nice attempt at the holy grail and i love the effect on the surround

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P5SND View Post
    am i the only one who thinks this looks terrible as it clearly doesnt fit properly nothing seems to line up properly and looks forced in in addition to this the horrible different grill pattern behind the rings looks naff and to finalise it all it seems to portrude the bumper. summed up get back in the nova mate

that being said its a nice attempt at the holy grail and i love the effect on the surround
    I have to agree with you there, I was looking through the pictures and the grill is to proud, it needs to be more flush. The bottom of the grill looks to be sticking out

I dont want to seem harsh, when I did the RS6 grill on mine its not for the faint hearted. There was a hell of a lot of trimming. It seems as if more of the mesh needs trimming at the back so the mesh sits further back.

Heres a few of mine

Previous
    S
    Ibis White - 2007

Current
    A5 Ibis White - 2007
    S3 Black - 2001

VCDS user

1st Gear

Status
    So again, the mesh needs to be trimmed to fit S3 surrounding? Or the whole Rs6 grill, to fit the S3 bumper??

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by drsilviuro View Post
    So again, the mesh needs to be trimmed to fit S3 surrounding? Or the whole Rs6 grill, to fit the S3 bumper??
    Yes you need to remove the s3 surround from the existing grill, remove the rs4/rs6 surround from the mesh. Cut the mesh to suit the existing surround
    Previous
    S
    Ibis White - 2007

Current
    A5 Ibis White - 2007
    S3 Black - 2001

VCDS user

1st Gear

Status
    That's all I needed to know Thanks!

Neutral

Status

Headlights

Can you post a link were you got the headlights?

thanks

Gears of War

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by drsilviuro View Post
    At your case, the gap isn't there because you fitted it to the S3 bumper... All other attemps where on s-line bumpers... The S3 grill is different shape than the normal/sline A3's
    I see...

Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme187 View Post
    I love it... looks really nice, and i love your lights... did you manage to get the error sorted?
    what happened with the S3 grill? do you still have it? i wouldnt mind pinching the chrome bits from it
    No it was trimmed to bits i'm afraid! No error messages still not sorted. Someone had VAG-COM and reckoned he still couldn't help me.

Quote Originally Posted by P5SND View Post

I see what mattandrew means by how the grill should be more flush with my bumper. That being said, its does not look bad in real life. Of course, that is a matter of opinion. I'd imagine the people that agree with your opinion are the hardcore OEM audi heads who know that those grills should be flush. Those that do not, will see a grill, nothing more. And certainly not a chavvy mod.

The different grill pattern behind the rings looks naff? i've used a real rs4 grill?

The small gap surrounding the surround is actually exactly the same all round, contrary to what these pictures suggest.

I am pleased with the result, because you can save some some money and have a pretty flipping well done mod such as the one I have, or rob a bank and have an absoloutley perfect vorsprung durch thecknik rs6/s3 front.

I'm also pretty confident everyone would agree this one of the most un chavvy a3's on the road, and my last car was a polo so there is no nova for me to 'get back into'

Quote Originally Posted by gazzaw888 View Post
    Can you post a link were you got the headlights?

thanks
    i got em off ebay, lord knows where they have dissapeared to tho...