HELP NEEDED ASAP!!!

supanova

A3 2.0 TDI SE
Reaction score
Coleraine, Coleraine, United Kingdom, United Kingd
Hey guys, as some of you know, Im doing a 2006 facelift conversion to my 2004 audi A3, so i have finally got there and my bonnet wont close!!

does anyone know what the problem could be?......

... do i need an 06 bonnet latch? or is it something simple?

cheers! uel

Not really sure what the problem could be mate as I didnt have any issue with mine, I can at least confirm you dont need an 06 latch.

Silly question I guess but have you checked that the latch hasnt somehow closed in on itself as if it were thinking the bonnet is closed?

Sorry I cant be of more help.

From inside the car make sure the bonnet release isnt in the closed position as sometimes that can make it awkward closing the bonnet. Other than that, without seeing it its hard to say mate - gl getting it sorted :S

lol mate thanks for the reply! just in from the car and problem solved! i checked everything, searched the whole bonnet/front for hints of what it could be.

i was running my hand all over the front and my finger touched the tip of one of the screws that holds the bumper on ( at top ) and noticed that it was kind of lose so i twisted it with my fingers and dropped the bonnet down thinkin that it wouldnt work and by god the ****** thing closed! so yes it really was something sooooo simple!

cheers!

Hey glad you got it sorted! Least it was something simple! Just remember to take the lens cover off before doing the after pics :rockwoot:

haha yeah me too! im glad ive got it sorted! was up this morning at 8am building it up again after it was sprayed! so thats it all finished and ready to tax on tuesday!

stupid bank holiday monday has stopped me from taxing it on monday!

haha yeah ill try to remember to take the lens cap off haha!