Gap and alloy insurance..

mojo555

Reaction score
Have ordered a s3 sb in brilliant red and been offered this package from the dealer, the gap is the usual gap ins and the alloy and tyre package goes as follows, if you scuff the alloys you can get them repaired upto 10 times in 3 years and the tyres are upto 5 new tyres or repairs in 3 years..

Both are being offered for £500 what are peoples thoughts should i keep it or get rid and add something else to the car..

I paid £150 for a £20k return to invoice GAP policy on December 2008 from here: -

www.car-finance.net when the dealer wanted £400!

Never had wheel cover though, but it seems a bit steep. If you kerb them once, you'll probably never do it again. :)

Col

Click 4 Gap is about the best out there, seems cheap and regulated by FSA etc

Thats who I will be using, the dealers make about 300% on this!

You better ask them who`s gonna repair them in case you curb them, also what brand of tyres they will be using for a change

550 seems a bit steep imho

the only thing i was thinking was that if they do get kerbed i may not bother to get them done but if i have this i may aswell get them repaired, also if i was to get a puncture when the tyres were quite low on tread then that be would be worth around£130-£140 per tyre, so 3 tyres in the 3 years and you have nearly got all your money back..

I seem to get through tyre pretty quick too!!

I got the best price for gap insurance £150 for 3 years then my audi matched it so try it , you have nothing to lose
brilliant red good colour just picked my BE sportback up last week in same colour .

When I got my S3 last year on finance GAP was included and they offered me the wheel insurance for £30. The biggest regret was not taking the wheel insurance!! Since owning the car I seem to of become a complete bandit at parking and have ruined every single wheel! I need all 4 refurbed but my only worry is that I will do it again!

I have the wheel and tyre insurance ( i have an 07 S3). and is a ball ache to claim, you have to pay out up front,from a chosen supplier, and on the 4wd if its below a certain tread depth, as you all know have to change the other tyre on the axle, which isnt covered. Insurance company were poor to deal with and took nearly 3 months to cough up

my two pennies worth

When I bought my A3 the dealer offered GAP insurance for £500 which I took, I then cancelled it and got a better deal through Auto Trader for £113

Thanks for all the advice guys i have emsiled a couple of people suggested for gap and as for the tyre and alloy ins maybe i need to rethink and save myself som £££ short term

I was just offered the same thing by SG Smith Audi for dents and alloys at £599 apparently including a £100 discount! They call it "Smart Insurance"

What's the best in the current market?

Last edited:
My insurance gives new replacement car cover for up to 2 years from purchased new.
So gap would only be in place for 1yr... Not sure about alloy wheel & tyre cover.
If you did claim, would this count against your accident/claims history/record for normal car insurance?

Well, when my dad went to pick up his Q7 is was adamant that no one would ever kerb the car so alloy wheel insurance was useless. Low and behold the first day I got my hands on it, I kerbed the fooook out of the front wheel.