A3 3.2 Quattro servicing interval

ben20vt

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently bought my second Audi a 2004 A3 Quattro 3.2. It's a great car and I'm really happy with it but I have a couple of questions.

Firstly in 52000 miles it only had 2 services. The previous owner did buy it from an Audi garage as an approved vehicle so I was fairly confident it has been serviced correctly but that seems an awful amount of miles on just 2 oil changes! Is the fact it's had so few services a good thing?

Secondly, does this car have the permanent 4 wheel drive or the haldex where under normal driving it front wheel drive?

Thanks,

Longlife servicing is 2 years / variable mileage (usually approx 18K). Next service will be due 2 years after last service or at approx 54K.... you'll get a reminder light when the mileage is right.

4WD is Haldex on all A3's.

I have a 2005 3.2 and now has 47k on the clock. Had my 3rd service done about 7 weeks ago. I had about 5k to go before it was due based on mileage but based on 2 years it was time to get it done (variable service).

As Pete has said if its on the variable service it will be due one very soon. Have you got on board computer you can check it there. it should say how many miles or days you have left.

If the car has not had it done it will need Haldex doing as on the 4WD it is due at 40k miles. Also if you have DSG then the oil may need doing too. Cheers

Thanks guys but it doesn't makes sense. I've just checked the next service and 5900 miles or 180 days. So that will mean by the time it needs it's next service it will have done 58000 miles. Thats an average of 29000 between services!

See you this is where you are getting it wrong. It would have covered 58k miles and you are going to service so it would have covered 58k/3 services so 19k miles per service which is very close to variable servicing. You could call Audi UK and get them to verify how many services the car has had. As they have a central database with details and may have additional information. If you look in the service book you will probably find that it was serviced at 18-19k and then close to 35-40k so the next one is due as you say at 5k or 180 days.

Thanks guys but it doesn't makes sense. I've just checked the next service and 5900 miles or 180 days. So that will mean by the time it needs it's next service it will have done 58000 miles. Thats an average of 29000 between services!

No it's not, as they don't service the car at 0 miles.... 3rd service at 58K means 19,333 miles approx between services. i.e. first service at 19,333, second at 38,666, third at 58,000.

OK thanks, it's starting to make sense. There was a haldex oil change done at 38k which wasn't stamped in the book. So I'm pretty sure the services has been kept of top of. Cheers.