Out with the old ... in with the new...

Gryphon001

Reaction score
Well, I had a couple of days off and I noticed that the LED's in my fogs have failed to turn on a couple of times... therefore I got busy and re-did my LED fogs. Enjoy... I didn't.

This time around I used the OZNIUM prewired LED's, as opposed to the LED strips I had in there before.

DSCF0460.jpg

I had to cut open the fog grill to accommodate a pair of 1/4" acrylic rods which I sanded down to give them an opaque look.

DSCF0443.jpg

DSCF0444.jpg

DSCF0446.jpg

DSCF0447.jpg

I than glued in the LEDs drilled a few holes in the back of the grill to run the wires and spliced them back into the foglights...

DSCF0452.jpg

DSCF0451.jpg

DSCF0454.jpg

The individual LEDs were an absolute B!T@# to glue in there straight so if you look closely you can actually tell one of the sides the LEDs aren't spaced properly and are a bit angled.

DSCF0448.jpg

DSCF0462.jpg

Now I need a cold beer to celebrate...:beer:

and heresthe good news, the ozinium ones, whilst fantastic also burn out

Naaa... means Scotch...

They all burn out, OZNIUM maybe a bit faster because it's more powerful LEDs but at least they will be easier to replace as individual LEDs. The ones on the strips were starting to go after a couple of years too and I was told that they wouldn't last more than 6 months when I first installed them. I know a couple of guys who have the OZNIUM lights and none of them complained about them burning out too fast.

It's the Nokya 7000K bulb... its very slightly on the blueish side but that matches the 5000K HIDs... They are pretty bright, but run quite hot because of it. Burnt my Lamin-X tint on the fogs... lol.

oh so its a xenon bulb, how hard was it to fit in the HID kit? also how did you overcome the errors that come up on the dash for the HID?

thanks
Ash

took 6 months before my oziniums started to burn out the rest with 2-3 months of that