Badger5Sky Insurance
    Ads
    License to drive

Status

Best person to speak to at Audi??

I want to speak to Audi about the problems they have had with their steering racks.
    Aparently a "modified" rack was released a couple of years back BUT Audi are still offering the non-modified rack as replacements in some cases.

If you haven't guessed by now, mine needs/could do with a new rack after only 46k.

I could call my local dealer for info but not sure I'll get much sense from them.

Is there a particular department in Audi that I could call for a chat about it???

2. # ADS
    ADS

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Try the managing director of Audi...Jeremy Hicks

PM sent
    Last edited by Sarah's A3; 26th May 2010 at 15:19.

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

Sharpest Tongue in the West

Status
    I'd be careful about going straight to the top dog before you've even tried the the dealer or Audi UK customer services if you want Mr Hicks to take notice. At least if you've tried and been fobbed off or similar you then have a credible reason for bothering him in the first place.
    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

www.essexdriversclub.com

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by beanoir View Post
    I'd be careful about going straight to the top dog before you've even tried the the dealer or Audi UK customer services if you want Mr Hicks to take notice. At least if you've tried and been fobbed off or similar you then have a credible reason for bothering him in the first place.
    Can't argue with that.

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    +1...
    Mr Hicks is a valuable last resort who shouldn't be bothered with general questions. IMHO.
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Yup, good point, I jumped in without reading it properly. Not sunk in he'd not tried CS first. Best leaving him til last, try CS/Dealer first!

naughty girl lol
    Last edited by Sarah's A3; 26th May 2010 at 17:46.

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    +1...
    Mr Hicks is a valuable last resort who shouldn't be bothered with general questions. IMHO.
    Paddy, what's with the Noddy picture these days???

www.essexdriversclub.com

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Hope hes not seeing that as his car now!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah's A3 View Post
    Hope hes not seeing that as his car now!!!
    Not many forums dedicated to Noddy cars (apart from the VXR one) perhaps thats why he's here

www.essexdriversclub.com

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    MAybe lol, but whos big ears????? lol (come on P, wheres the car update, is it back home!!)
    Last edited by Sarah's A3; 26th May 2010 at 20:30.

Quote Originally Posted by aythreee View Post
    I want to speak to Audi about the problems they have had with their steering racks.
    Aparently a "modified" rack was released a couple of years back BUT Audi are still offering the non-modified rack as replacements in some cases.

If you haven't guessed by now, mine needs/could do with a new rack after only 46k.

I could call my local dealer for info but not sure I'll get much sense from them.

Is there a particular department in Audi that I could call for a chat about it???
    You should try the Service Manager at the dealer as the first point of call. If you get no satisfaction then try the MD or whoever is in charge at the dealers. If again you get no satisfaction then try phoning Audi Customer Service. They will try and refer you to your dealer but tell them you have already spoken to the Service Manager and MD and have not got a satisfactory answer. Give them time to get in touch with the dealer to find out what is happening. If the come back with an un-satisfactory answer then ask to speak to the Audi CS Manager. If this still does not produce a result then write to Jeremy Hicks. Don't try and phone him because all that will happen is his PA will put the call through to Customer Services.

Good Luck!
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    Agreed, I got a good result from emailing with Jezza. But this was after not getting a satisfactory result from the dealer or customer services.

Initially, any issues should be attempted to be dealt with at dealer level, and then escalated if necessary to customer services.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!