REVO

ill be able to do the essex one but wont have the funds for about a month or so as ive only just started working (student)so if you guys can wait a bit, would be a massive help!!

Sorry didnt get back to you guys earlier, I have to use IE at work, and this site is just a pain in the bum when using IE. Back home now and using Safari, ahhhhh that's better. :happy:

Anyways, I emailed Ben at AMD Essex earlier today, asking him if we can go at different days and also what numbers we need to get a higher discount (we can only try hehe)

He hasn't got back to me yet, but im hopeful he will soon.

I will keep you all posted! :o.k:

Sorry pal been snowed under, they said we can go at different times but ideally they would like them to be booked as close together as poss.

Also, no more than 10%...I did try lol

Also,admiral quoted me an extra 170!! I said that's crazy amounts, so they dropped it to 130, still not happy about it though! :-(

Ok, well 10% is fine and being able to book different times helps an awful lot.

Thats an awful big hike in insurance costs, perhaps worth shopping about for other policy, although that is hassle!

Let me know what you plan to do booking etc, if you decide not go ahead with it then dont worry as i'll still be going ahead with it, just let me know!

Thanks for doing all the asking about though! :thumbsup:

Yeah cheers again Dan - with that kind of insurance increase you must just be a whole lot younger than the rest of us old gits!

Any directions on next steps - do we just call Ben to book it in (I will also try and see if Simon at AMD Surrey can give us the same deal)? I'm hoping to get mine done in the next couple of weeks but can be flexible if we need to wait a bit longer to keep Nick and others in the group buy...

No problemo guys.

Im 25, so not that young anymore....:sly:

I just spoke to Revo in Essex and they have an open scedule for next Saturday if thats good for others?

Silstream: The Surrey garage is further for me to get to, but if you want to see if they can do a better deal or match, then by all means mate, give them a go and let me know what they come back with :icon_thumright:

Just a FYI:

Im booking myself and Nick a mapping tomorrow morning. So if anyone else wants in, let me know.

Cheers

I'm in Dan but I'll probably call AMD today myself just to see if Surrey will match the same deal (as they should be the same company so what's the difference?). If not then I'm good to go to Essex - just need to factor in the extra cost of bringing the Mrs to Lakeside/Bluewater!!

Are you guys getting your cars done on the same day or different times?

cheers,
Pete.

How did it go mate with Surrey?

I got us two booked in, nick is booked thursday, I'm booked this Saturday.

Bring it on!! :)

Simon at AMD Surrey was happy to match the Essex offer for me so I'm booked in for next week at his place! Cheers again Dan for all the help and bring on the power! :)

Im currently looking at a remap and have been researching the forum and everyone seems to be going for REVO
what’s the reason behind this how comes no one has chosen to go for AmD's Re-map which has the same performance gains for less money!?
i have a 2.0tdi 140 and AmD and REVO can add 45bhp and 53lbs/ft is it worth the remap ive also seen that a lot of people are going for green cotton panel filters instead of induction kits? what other cost effective mods would you lot recommend?!

Nothing wrong with AMD's map as I think they're well respected in the industry. The only reasons I swayed to Revo's are:

1. You can switch it back to stock mapping with the select switch (or more detailed tuning with select-plus). To be fair to AMD - they did say they could switch it back to stock for me when necessary but it means a trip to their place instead of swapping it at home yourself.
2. Revo has a slightly cheaper upgrade path to Stage 2 & Stage 2+ as you only pay the extra (i.e. £50 each time). Again, being fair to AMD they aren't charging a full remap cost for Stage 2 but it's about £150 extra IIRC
3. Revo has a wider dealer network so any dealer nationwide can provide support if needed. With AMD you're dependent on Surrey & Essex only. I haven't heard a bad word said about either on this forum though...

Beyond that there's nothing in it - both are a custom map that's tuned to your needs and it was a really close decision for me.

cheers,
Pete.

Just had mine done today at AmD in Essex, it's brilliant, pulls much stronger now from right down the rev range too, highly recommended!

Thanks to Dan for organising and thanks to Ben at AmD Essex for sorting the discount!

:)

Just had mine done today at AmD in Essex, it's brilliant, pulls much stronger now from right down the rev range too, highly recommended!

Thanks to Dan for organising and thanks to Ben at AmD Essex for sorting the discount!

:)

REVO right?

Any information on a bigger group buy for this (either Essex or Surrey)? I'm interested in getting my A3 done within the next couple of weeks...

I just got my revo sorted last saturday...WOW what a difference this makes! My car is brimming with torque and just feels so much more meaner! Its like its just been unleashed!!

I feel like ive just got a new car again! Just dont want to stop driving it!! :arco: