etka help please.

RHODIE

Reaction score
I've just ordered an s3 and would like to remove the armrest and would like the part number for the blanking plate for the gap left when the armrest is removed. The reason I dont want the armrest is I am ina wheelchair and cant reach over the armrest.
Thank you for your help.

There will be a few along later who will help you. On another note, i'm sure there are a number of guys on here after the armrest, you may have offers for it.

I need an armrest if you get round to selling mate, leather if available! :)

Can you get an S3 without an armrest ?

I've ordered an S3, and the one thing I didn't like about the interior was the armrest - got in the way changing gear or applying handbrake. The salesman said I could raise it up, but still wasn't quite right, so would lik eto get rid if there was a neat solution.

Anyone got a picture of what the "blanking plate" looks like ? Is it factory fit or dealer fit ?

Thanks,
Yaks

I dont believe there is a blanking plate guys

You might have to buy the whole center console

Dealer told me they could take it out but it would leave a hole - something I dont want. It used to be an option so I am assuming a plate should be available.

if it was an option they would have fitted the alternate centre console instead, however if you speak to those on here wanting to do the retrofit you may be able to swap out for theirs plus some cash to you

P5SND is right. The centre console has a different part number for with, and without armrest and there is no blanking plate available.

There are however usually dozens of guys on here wanting to fit the armrest so you shouldn't have much problem getting sorted. Reasonably easy job to remove the centre console and re-fit the new one. An hour should see it done.

Good luck !

as mike says an hour would remove one even if you didnt know what you were doing and chances are if someone wants to retrofit one they do, so alll that would be left is to find one close to you, however i suggest you sit in a s3 or a3 without one looks wrong imho

Dealer ordering a new console and total cost fitted £160. I presume I can keep armrest and next owner can refitn it if they want to.