A3 TDI Exhaust Exstenders

philinman

Reaction score
Hi i am new to this forum having just bought an A3 TDI (been on the TT forum for a while but needed to ditch the petrol car for a fab oil burner)

My a3 has the vortex kit (i think thats spelt right) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif does anyone have the part number for the exhaust exstenders for a 2.0 tdi or is the same as the 2.0 fsi, so i can bring the exhaust level with the back of the kit as mine has not been done /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

i went to one powerflow dealer and he was a N*B and said it couild not be done and i would need a new back box at £150

I have them on mine, I am trying to find the audi part number but can't seem to find it.

Dave

Bare with me 5 mins.

I'll dig out the doc I created

is yours a tdi if so how did you stop the down sweep of the tail pipes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

can you take the back box off or is it one complete exhaust or do mean cut the tipps off in situ
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

You don't need to cut anything, they slide over.

Allen Bolts are used by audi, after which I covered in Hammerite to stop rust of corrosion.

Don't cut anything, this is not needed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dave

is yours a tdi or petrol they do look sweeTT

nice pun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Anyone got a part number, I have contacted my locl dealer but they can't sort it for me. Are they the same as the 2.0FSI ones.

Cheers

yes they are same as the fsi and for the A4 as ,
I am getting Power Flow to do mine as when they are fitted i think you may still see the grub screws that hold them in place IMHO .
Not sure of the part number but there is no special ones for the TDI

hope this helps

Went to my local dealer and tried fitting the ones out of the accessory brochure part number: zgb8p0071902. I can't see how they fit without modifying as the existing pipes are the same diamter. Am I missing something and being stupid?