AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    TAC
    3.2 V6 Burble... hmmmmmmm

Status

Question Brake Pads and Piston Question

Morning,

Need to replace the Pads on my A3 3.2 and was wondering which Pads are best to get should I just go to Halfords and buy some Ferodo or is there a better supplier?

Also on the rear pistons when replacing the pads do you need a special tool to wind the pisons back in as have heard that some cars requior this?

Thanks

Tom
    Current - A3 3.2 DSG S-Line
    Gone but not forgotten Honda S2000 GT K&N FPIK (F***ing lairy in the wet but so so much fun...)- Golf MK3 GTI 16v -Mondeo V6 24v

FOR SALE - Indicator stalk and lower steering wheel cowling
    A3 3DR pair of rear lights in A1 condition from my 06 A3

2. # ADS
    ADS

TAC

Status
    Somebody must know if you need a special wind back tool for the rear pistons?

Anyone??
    Gone but not forgotten Honda S2000 GT K&N FPIK (F***ing lairy in the wet but so so much fun...)- Golf MK3 GTI 16v -Mondeo V6 24v

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    99% of cars with disc rear brakes require the pistons to be wound back. I would avoid the little block thing that goes on a ratchet and get the next kit up that is self contained. It will still be much cheaper than paying a garage to do the work and you have the gadget for next time.

Once wound back and fitted, make sure you press the brakes several times BEFORE applying the handbrake, this adjusts the calipers properly, and you should then have a decent handbrake too

TAC

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzan A4 View Post
    99% of cars with disc rear brakes require the pistons to be wound back. I would avoid the little block thing that goes on a ratchet and get the next kit up that is self contained. It will still be much cheaper than paying a garage to do the work and you have the gadget for next time.

Once wound back and fitted, make sure you press the brakes several times BEFORE applying the handbrake, this adjusts the calipers properly, and you should then have a decent handbrake too
    This next kit up is this something you can get from Halfords or the likes?

Thnaks
    Tom

2nd Gear

Status
    halfords,euro carparts,ebay they range from 20-50 depending on quality fella